Jackson: ....

Me: Answer me!!

Jackson: I thought it wasnt related to the case.

Me: Oh yeah! Not to mention that Afifa, or should I say Y/N was a part of that goddamn family!!

Jackson: I'm so sorry Namjoon. I knew you would eventually find out about this. But believe me Joonie I just wanted to keep Afifa safe.

I heard his voice shaking on the call. He was crying. I started to feel guilty. It wasnt his fault. I shouldn't have yelled at him.

Me: I'm sorry I yelled at you Jackie.  I'm just so stressed out right now.

Jackson: Its okay Joonie. I know you didn't mean it. And it was my fault anyway. I should've told you when you got the case in the first place.

Me: Its okay Jackson. It's not your fault. You were doing it to protect her. I understand what it feels like to protect your family from the dangers, even if it means putting your life on the line.

Jackson: She's been through a lot. We gave her therapy so that she would feel better but it feels like its happening again. Ever since she entered your house, she's been getting nightmares about that day again.

Me: I'm so sorry Jackson. But I want to know something. How did your father find her?

Jackson: When dad was assigned to the case, he followed her trial which led into the sewers. All the officers thought that she was dead but father didnt. He had a feeling that she was still alive down there. Alone and scared. So at night he went down the sewers. He found her sitting in the dark crying. So he brought her home. He didnt want to send her to the orphanage, or tell the police about her. So he decided to adopt her secretly.

Me: Your father was a nice man Jackson.

Jackson: Thanks Namjoon. But promise me that you wont question Afifa anything about it.

Me: I promise Jackson. You take care of yourself now. Bye.

I ended the call and rested my head on the counter. I found tge clue but their was still no lead on the case. It's like I'm going around in circles. It was clearly driving me insane. I sighed as I took a sip of my coffee. Then I heard the door open and close. I guess they are back.

Jin: Hey Namjoon.

Me: Ummm hey. You're home early.

Jin: Decided to close the restaurant earlier.

Me: Okay. What about you guys?

Jimin: We closed the studio earlier too.

House: Yep.

Taehyung: My photoshoot ended early.

Yoongi: Pd-nim told me to rest.

Me: That's good then. Did any of you hear anything from Raven and Jungkook?

Hoseok: Nope. Not yet.

My attention averted to the sound of footsteps running outside. The door opened and closed quickly. Raven and Jungkook came running into the room with a black old book in Raven's hands. They were huffing and out of breath.

Jimin: What the hell happened to you two?

Jungkook: We ran all the way from the library.

Jin: Seriously?

Raven: Yes.

Yoongi: Y'know you could've just walked.

Raven: I know. But we found something that will terrify you.