04. 𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖯𝖾𝗍𝗎𝗇𝗂𝖺𝗌❜ 𝖲𝖼𝖺𝗋

Start from the beginning

The other windows, however, had beautiful floral patterns imprinted on their borders. It made you, yourself, feel a bit out of place. You were attracted to the window that was, probably, considering the most unattractive by majority of people.

Growing up, you had always been an odd child. Your parents never used this as an excuse for them to dislike any part of you, though. Whenever you asked for something, which you barely ever did, they never played attention to how much time, money or hardwork it would take for them to give you the specific item. Their hearts true goal was only to keep their one and only child and daughter SMILING .

An idea had popped up in your imaginative mind, considering the windows' blank border. But, before you could think of it deeper, a certain snowy owl came flying up to you and sat on top of your head, trying to get comfortable.

𝖸𝗈𝗎 didn't want to even breathe to loud because of your animal-loving obsession.

A blob of messy brown hair started running towards you.

"Oh- (Y/N), you caught him! Brilliant!" , Harry said panting, his palms reaching his knees.

At this point the owl had flew off of your head, due to Harry's commotion.

" Are you alright? ", you asked, genuinely worried about how long he had been running after the owl.

"Oh- Yeah, don't worry about it! ", he said trying to reassure you. "I was just looking for Hedwig, he flew off when I was talking to Ron", he continued.

It has been around half an hour now, Harry had told you the story of his scar, parents and Lord Voldemort. You found it quite fascinating, honestly.

❝ And that's how I came to Hogwarts! ❞, the boy beamed at you.

You looked ahead of you, averting your gaze from him. Both of you were sitting in the border of the window you were leaning against, before.

❝ Could I ask you something?❞, you asked a few seconds after he was done.

❝Sure❞, he replied, bringing his attention towards Hedwig, who was now sleeping next to him.

❝ Do you regret it? ❞, you asked out of the blue.

❝Regret what?❞, he questioned, still petting Hedwig.

❝Their death?❞, this question caught him off guard. His gaze was now fixed on you, while you were still staring at the wall.

❝Wh-What do you mean?❞, he stammered, genuinely confused.

❝ Do you regret their death? Ofcourse, you've been sad and lonely but it taught you something ❞. ❝What are you talking about!?!? Ofcourse, I regret their death!! You're so cruel to even think something like that? ❞, he bursted out in anger, getting up from his comfortable position and facing the female, staring daggers into her face.

The female, however, kept a calm face, and slowly yet steadily a soft smile tugged her lips.

❝ If they hadn't died, you would've never known what a precious gift love is ❞, you explained in the softest tone.

The slightly shorter male visibly flinched at your words.

❝ Wh-What are you talking about? ❞, the male had tensed up, his shoulders not leaving their current position, breathe held the very moment.