WE MEET AGAIN

It was a normal day at Grey-Sloan Memorial Hospital ...

Yes, as crazy as it may sound, besides from the fact that nothing ever is normal in this place. It was dubbed as "Seattle Grace Mercy Death" for a reason. Bizarre events do happen in this hospital.

It was one of those days where the ER is quiet. There was no incoming trauma; a slow day for Gray Sloan. New interns are coming in today to start their "journey". The interns are like excited little puppies waiting, wanting to get there turns and chance; looking forward to the day they finally hold the scalpels, cut someone open for surgery that is, and hopefully not kill them in the process.

Dr. Meredith Gray is still the Residency Director for the Hospital. She just got out of a 14-hour surgery, she was thinking of going home. "Gray!" Bailey called her. "Where are you going?" she asked.

"Home, I'm going home, Bailey" she said with an exhausted tone. "The new interns are coming today. You have to meet them and give-

"Bailey, I just finished a 14-hour surgery, I haven't seen home for days. I am exhausted and hungry and cranky. I WANT TO SEE MY KIDS. I NEED TO SEE MY KIDS BAILEY. I need a shower. You can deal with interns "she smiled

Bailey gave her a look. "You can do it Chief! You've done it before; with me and Alex, and George, and Izzie and Cristina. There's no class worse than ours." Bailey's face suddenly looked proud but still unconvinced before Bailey could even answer Meredith walked out.

"Grey!" she called. Meredith just raised her hand and waved goodbye.

She went down to the lobby and saw Hayes. She walked to him with a smile plastered on her face "Leaving or just got here?" she asked. "You look happy" he noticed.

"Well I just finished a 14-hour surgery, it was a success AND I gave Bailey the new interns" she smiled as if it was a mission accomplished.

"Leaving" he replied. They looked at each other in silence for about a minute. 

The tension between them is still there. No one could ever deny it. "Well, congratulations Dr. Grey, you once again made someone obey you" he chuckled. 

"Hey, I didn't make her obey, I just — uhm told her she could do it better than I could. Besides it's not like I don't want to meet the interns, I do. I really do. Just not like this . I look horrible, I don't want them giving me another nickname "

"You look beautiful Grey, always" he said sincerely. Meredith stopped herself from smiling.

There is an undeniably strong connection between them but they choose not to cross the lines.

Everything around them was just starting again. Everything was slowly going back to normal. They both didn't have the time to entertain their personal feelings towards each other.

"I'm gonna go now, aren't you coming?" she smiled at him. They looked at each other once more and was about to turn around to the exit until they were interrupted by someone.

"Dr. Meredith Grey" the person called her. Meredith turned around and saw a young girl walking towards her.

A redheaded girl, she was wearing her hair up.

Meredith in her mind;

Why does this feel like Déjà vu. It feels like '05, when I met Addison 

The girl composed herself and gave off a high class, confident and somehow arrogant aura.

"Meredith Grey" she called once again and smiled. Her aura was radiating confidence and at the same time calmness.

Her face was reminding Meredith of old times.

"Yes? Do I know you? Have we met before?" the girl looked at her for a minute, squinted and smiled slightly saying

"Yes, we've met before but I'm sure you don't remember me" her calm but confident aura hovered over the place. Meredith waited for her to speak again.

Meredith and Hayes looked at each other quickly. The girl smiled once again and introduced herself.

"Hi. I'm Carson Shepherd" she extended her hand to Meredith. She reached out confusedly and said

"Shepherd?" Meredith cannot believe it.

The girl smiled politely but her eyes were saying something more. "Shepherd? As in Derek Shepherd?" Hayes asked. Carson looked at him "Oh...uhm Dr. Cormac Hayes, Peds" he introduced himself.

"Carson Shepherd, intern" she smiled.

"Intern?" Meredith was shocked. She came back after spacing out a while ago

"Yeah, I got matched here in Grey Sloan. I thought of pulling some strings just to...not be here. Coz the last time I was here, it was not pretty"

Hayes looked scared and worried while Meredith's face quite agreed with what Carson said.

"Dr. Grey, I just...I — I Look forward to work with you and...uh, learn from you" she smiled lightly and seemingly ran to the elevator.

Hayes and Meredith were left in the lobby. Hayes was confused and Meredith seemed shocked. "Shepherd?" Hayes asked.

"Shepherd" she whispered.

~ 19 YEARS AGO ~

Meredith was devastated after learning that her McDreamy was apparently McMarried.

Meanwhile Derek is still not speaking to Addison after she showed up uninvited in Seattle.

"What do you want? Why are you here?" he asked her. "Well technically and legally still your wife. You were not returning any of my phone calls so I decided to see you for myself" she walked to him, close enough to feel his breath

He moves away from her. "You can't just ambush me in here in Seattle"

"Why not? So, you can get all cozy with your slutty intern?" she replied

"Don't call her that. She didn't know" he said brushing his hair off his face.

"By the look on her face when I said Addison Shepherd, OBVIOUSLY SHE DIDN'T because if she did, I doubt that she'd be doing it with you" she said fiercely. 

Addison took a deep breath and stared at Derek

A few moments later she calmed down. She cupped his face making him look at her. 

Derek looks at her, he sighs then remembers it all making him look away "Derek, I know you still love me. I know you do. 11 years of marriage Derek-

Derek breaks free off Addison's hands

"11 YEARS! ELEVEN DAMN YEARS OF MARRIAGE! AND YOU—

He stopped himself before he could even say things, he can't take back

"Derek, I made a mistake and I'm sorry. I really AM sorry. I love you, I still love you  If there is any chance, any chance at all that you could forgive me and give US another shot, please Derek. But if you're done. I'll have the divorce papers ready just remember, we have a daughter. Think about her, think about Carson, Derek."

"You don't- You don't get to use our daughter to guilt trip me."

"I am not using her. I would never use her, I am looking out for her, I AM LOOKING OUT FOR MY DAUGHTER. I know how hard it is to come from family that's-- 

"Where is she?" Derek asked