𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕺𝖓𝖊 || 𝕯𝖊𝖑𝖎𝖑𝖆𝖍

Present Day-

"Have you put on your Orphic contacts yet?" I asked Ophelia.

"Uh-huh! Did you?" She replied, getting her bag ready.

"Yup. Putting 'em on right now." I say, concentrating on putting the black contacts to cover my yellow eyes. Right after I was done, Quinn, our maid, came jogging into the room. She's been living with us for the past 6 years. She is almost like a mom to us.

"Here you go, Miss Florence." She said, handing me my bag. I looked disapprovingly at her. "How many times do I have to tell you Quinn? There's no need to call Ophelia or I 'miss'. You can just call us by our names." I told her, smiling softly.

Quinn nodded immediately. "Of course, Mi-erm... Delilah. Of course." She kind of stuttered, not used to saying our names without a title. "Now you must go, the taxi is already outside. I believe Ophelia is already seated inside.

I grabbed my bag and rushed outside.

-Time Skip- (After the drive)

"Woah, this school is really big, right?" Ophelia said, nudging my shoulder.

"What? Hmm, yeah, it is." I replied distractedly, too busy worrying about what could happen. Especially the thought that our cover would be blown. I caught myself, worrying was Phelia's thing! I was the one who acted without having a plan. Phelia's voice coaxed me back to the present.

"You're not thinking about... hurting anyone again, are you, Lilah?" She asked suspiciously.

"Huh?" I snapped. "That never happened, why would I be thinking about that?"

"Lilah, you know you've always sorta had problems with your short temper. Remember Thomas, the Arcane kid who would always tease us for being orphans? He had to have surgery to fix his nose, because you lost your cool."

Welp, she was right. But in my defense, I've always hated bullies. People who got pleasure from hurting others, especially those who couldn't fight back? That's just messed up.

"Ugh, can we just go inside already? It's so hot out here!"

Ophelia, who seemed to have finished aweing at the large, modern structure, nodded. I started walking in only for her to stop me.

"Remember, Delilah," She said, dropping her voice down to a whisper. "If you feel yourself getting mad, walk away. We don't want anyone to know who we really are. Capiche?"

"Capiche." I answered, and continued my way into Acrynum High.

As the sliding door opened, a cool gust of air hit my face. I relaxed, looking around. The halls were long and white, chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. White lockers decorated the walls, and other students were putting their stuff away and chatting to one another. I spotted some Celestials, Cryptics, and Arcanes, but no divines, which I expected.

"Lilah, it says here that we're assigned to Dorm B16. Let's look around, yeah? Get the basic layout."

"More walking?" I groaned.

"Yeah, unless you want to ask someone about our dorm. What about that trio?"

I followed her gaze and saw a girl laughing with two other boys. Oof- they were arcanes. And they looked like snobby ones.

"Maybe we shouldn't-" I warned, hoping to see Ophelia next to me, and she was not there. Instead, she was already asking the green eyed girl if she knew where our dorm was. She could blow our cover! I thought nervously, rushing to the uprising commotion.

"Look, if you're an Orphic, then go bother some other people of YOUR rank. You are literally breathing my air right now, so leave now. Or else." The girl snapped, apparently named Pearl. She was rather pretty, ice blonde hair pulled into a high ponytail, flawless pale skin that seemed to glow, and the most dazzling emerald green eyes. Ugh, she was annoying.

"U-um okay. I'll just go find someone else to ask, since you were pretty unhelpful." said Ophelia.

I gave Pearl my signature death glare. Who did she think she was? We're all equal, and eye color doesn't get to decide how we treat each other. Nobody talked to my best friend like that and got away with it.

Pearl seemed to have noticed my stare. "Do you have a problem too?" She asked rudely.

"Nope," I smirked, popping the P. "Not at all, Miss Snob." 

A.N-

So that's all I managed to type up on 6% battery, sorry for a short chapter. I really hope you enjoyed, I'm not the best at writing. My school starts next Sunday, and I guess I'm both nervous and excited. I still don't know how an entire month or two passed by, but I guess time flies when you're having fun. Hopefully I'll try to update a bit more this Saturday, but no promises. Again, 50% credit goes to my amazing bff, edsheeransleghair. (Ik she has a weird name.) I'll see you guys soon!                    -jade

Please-

vote

follow

comment

& share!