Si Isco naman, siniko siya. "Galit ka ba? Sorry na."

Jiya slaps his shoulder. "No."

Hindi naman talaga. Mapapansin din ni Migo kahit hindi sinabi ni Isco.

Pagtapos ng morning class nila, nagpaalam si Jiya instead na sumama sa kanila sa Regis. She texts Migo.

magnanap ako sa condo im
tired pa is that ok?

Migo replies instantly.

Pogi: babe dont ask me na. u have a
key and u have things there of course
its okay. pahinga ka, call me if you
need anything

Jiya sighs and walks the way to Burgundy. Nasa klase rin si Inggo, kaya pagkapasok niya, tahimik and madilim. Dumiretso si Jiya sa kwarto ni Migo and humiga sa kama. The second she closes her eyes, she's out.

*

Nagising si Jiya with a hand caressing her hair.

Migo is lying down beside her, staring at her face, lovingly stroking her hair and back. When she opens her eyes, he smiles. "Hey," he whispers. "Gising ka na."

Panic washes over her system. Her heart jumps in her throat and she sits up suddenly, scrambling for her phone.

Shit, shit, shit. Three na. Na-miss na niya yung dalawa niyang afternoon classes.

Tinawagan siya nina Van and Addie, pero naka-silent phone niya and nakalimutan niya rin mag-alarm. Puta, puta, puta.

Vannie: B nasan ka na, bell na

Ads: ARE U CUTTING CLASS

Vannie: ok we called migo and he said
you're napping, he's still in lab daw so
he can't check on you, and sabi rin
niya pagpahingahin ka raw.

Ads: SLEEP WELL SWEET DREAMS
BABE

Vannie: mwa mwa <3 will send u notes
dw b

Jiya tosses her phone on the mattress and buries her face in her hands. "Shit," she mutters.

For the first time in three years, nag-cut siya. Dalawang klase pa.

Migo sits up behind her. "Hey, it's okay. Van will send you her notes raw, you didn't miss much."

"Dapat 'di mo sinabi na pagpahingahin ako," Jiya says, gritting her teeth. "I just needed an hour. Fuck."

"You needed more than that, what time ka nakatulog kagabi?" Migo asks slowly, furrowing his eyebrows.

Hindi rin alam ni Jiya, nakatulog siya in the middle of a breakdown.

He sits beside her and takes her hands away from her face. "Valle, it's not the end of the world na naka-miss ka ng—"

"I know," she snaps, taking her hand away from his. "I know that, I just—"

Migo blinks at her. "Are you—are you seriously mad at me because I didn't wake you up?"

Jiya realizes how ridiculous that sounds. Fucking hell. Hindi niya kasalanan. "Sorry," Jiya mutters, running a hand through her hair. "Sorry, no, I'm not mad at you at all. Ako 'yong hindi nag-alarm."

Migo is silent. Then he sighs and murmurs, "Valle...kausapin mo 'ko. What's wrong? What can I do to help you?"

"I'm fine," Jiya says, managing a forced a smile, turning her head to look at him. Migo searches her face, jaw clenching. "Nothing's wrong, stop worrying."

"Sasabihan mo 'ko ng stop worrying nang magang-maga 'yang mga mata mo?" he almost snaps, face blank.

Jiya does not want to talk about this. She stands up and opens the door. "Kulang lang sa tulog."