CHAPTER TWENTY

Sophia's POV

I definitely felt broken as Demetri was absent...he never came back and I've done nothing but cry myself to sleep every chance I got...we were supposed to have forever together, we hadn't had enough time...we needed more time, our relationship had only just began which is why it felt like we weren't strong enough to survive this...I ruined us...I'm sorry Demetri.

"Sophia...you need to eat something" I didn't look up, I didn't make a move to say that I'd heard them. "Sophia"

"How much longer can she go without eating?" I heard someone ask.

"In her condition, not long" that was definitely Carlisle's voice. "She hasn't even eaten any normal food all day"

"One of us needs to find Demetri, he's the only thing that's going to get her to snap out of it"

"He left her!" someone growled out.

"Emmett" someone else scolded. "We have to try" their voices faded as they all left the room and I felt a fresh set of tears roll down my cheeks hearing his name as I kept chanting that I was sorry over and over in my head.

---------------------------------------------------

Edward's POV

I had my head in my hands feeling a vampire equivalent headache forming as I couldn't block out Sophia's thoughts, they were so loud with desperate longing and my un-beating heart broke for the girl.

"Edward" I didn't look up as Bella sat next to me placing a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"I can't block her out, she's screaming in my head"

"Let's go for a walk" she grabbed my hand and pulled me up and we left the house, Nessie was with Jacob so we were free to go as far as we needed for Sophia's voice to fade and the moment I was finally out of range I let out a sigh of relief feeling guilty as well.

"I thought we had it bad when you were pregnant" I sighed as we walked through the trees.

"I can't believe Demetri just left her here" she commented and I sighed since I felt for the guy as I'd been in his position but I'd never thought about leaving Bella even for a second especially when anything could happen but it's been nearly an entire day since he left, I would have stopped him if I'd been here and knew that he wasn't coming back but Bella and I had been hunting. "If you'd done that to me-"

"I would have never left you" I smiled at her and she squeezed my hand before I sighed knowing I had to get Demetri back before I could go back to that house. "I'm going to go find him"

"I'm coming with you"

"No Bella, one of us has to stay with Renesmee" she sighed hating it but we were parents now and had to think about our daughter. "I'll be back the moment I find him whether he comes willingly or not"

"Just be careful, who knows what state he's in" I nodded and kissed her before I began to track the tracker down figuring Seattle was a good place to start.

---------------------------------------------------

Sophia's POV

I felt someone sit on the bed and found myself finally doing something by turning to see who it was and allowed myself to smile when I saw Renesmee with her werewolf body guard standing protectively behind her.

"She wanted to come see you, wouldn't take no for an answer" he spoke gruffly sounding like he wanted to be anywhere but here.

"Why are you so sad?" Renesmee asked and I frowned for the reminder.