➤ Chapter 10 : Exam Day

Start from the beginning

You understood the questions you had read easily. If you hadn't gotten help from Kuroo, you couldn't even imagine how you'd do.

Number 5. What is a trigonometric function? Ah shit... Do I guess or do I skip it? Skip.

Number 6. Simplify the trigonometric expressions below. God damn it. I'm gonna have to guess then.

It didn't help that the test would last the first two periods. You just got in but you were already eager to get out.

────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

The bell rang for your ten-minute break.

"Bring your papers to the front", says the teacher.

You sigh and walk towards the teacher's desk and place your paper down. At least the worst was over. You exit the classroom to see Kuroo standing by the door.

"Oh my God. We're you seriously just waiting here for me?"

"Yep. So how was it?"

"For the most part, I think I did well. I can't even lie, there were some things I forgot as soon as I looked at that paper."

"I told you."

"I just don't get why that had to be my first class after coming back. What did you have?"

"Physics. I know I aced that. Finished everything in the first twenty minutes.

"Lucky. I can't wait to do physics class. I love chemistry but it's all too easy."

"It doesn't make sense how you know science and not math. The two are closely related."

"Worry about yourself."

"Tch." He rolls his eyes. "On the bright side, I won't have to tutor you anymore."

"That's on the bright side? And here I was thinking you could tolerate me."

"If we're being honest, you're smart but you're still kinda slow. Anyway... you owe me for helping you pass. So tomorrow after practice, you're taking me out."

"Hold on a sec. We don't know if I passed yet. And when I say pass, I mean anything over an 80."

"Of course you passed. You had my help."

"I'm not taking you out. Why tomorrow though?"

"Do you not remember?"

"No? Should I?"

"It's your best friend's birthday Y/n! How can you not know this?"

"Kenma's birthday was last month."

"Woah, woah, woah. I said your best friend, not mine", he says pointing at you then at himself. "You seriously don't know my birthday? We've been going to school together since you were in like 7th grade."

"I don't have to remember anything. You're nothing but a nuisance to me."

"Ouch", Kuroo says clutching his chest.

A group of students who you did not know walked past. "You guys are cute", one of them said. They continued walking off and you didn't even have time to correct them.

"People need to stop assuming we're together just because they see us hanging out. As if that'll ever happen."

"Right..."

"I'm gonna go look for Kenma. You coming?"

────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

"Why exactly do you want me to take you somewhere? You have your team."

"We're going out over the weekend."

"So wait until then."

"Wowww... On my birthday?"

"It's not your birthday yet."

"Anyways, so you'll come? Both your parents like me so I can just show up."

"You're don't exactly have to take me out. I just need someone to drag behind me."

"And you chose me?"

"Of course."

"Drag Kenma. He needs social interaction."

"So do you."

────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

Around 10 PM your school sends a message notifying you that your test scores for the day had been posted.

That fast?

You hesitantly open your phone and log in to check your grades.

Please don't let this be a bad grade...

An 83. You passed with an 83. Not the highest grade you could've gotten, but it was a good enough grade nonetheless. You did all this worrying for nothing. You were content with what you saw and you guessed you had Kuroo to thank for that.

────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

You
i got an 83😮‍💨

Kenma's Friend
Well that's not good.

You
tf u mean??
yes it is??
i thought i'd fail

Kenma's Friend
That is a fail.

You
by your standards tryhard
thank you btw

Kenma's Friend
You're welcome.
Are we still on for the movies tmr?

You
movies?

Kenma's Friend
Yeah? I'm dragging you along remember?

You
at least ur not letting me choose
if it were up to me i would've simply taken you to a convenience store

Kenma's Friend
Lmfao. Goodnight Y/n.

────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*
﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀

Author's Note
Please leave a vote if you enjoyed this chapter. Thank you for reading love❤️