Chapter 7

Frost is speechless as she places her gaze on Mark's face.

"Surprise." He says to fill the silence

"Um..." manages to pronounce the young woman

"It probably means 'Oh I'm so happy to see you, Mark. I'd hug you right now but I have one question to ask you first: why did you run away?'" he says as he set the glasses on the table "Well figure Snowflake I'm not a runaway, but come sit down and I'll explain."

The meta-human then walks over to the table that her former fellow inmate has set up for her. Mark is gallant and comes over to help her sit down like a gentleman. He goes to sit across from Frost and removes the bouquet of lilies posed to be able to fully admire his guest. Frost remains a little bit tense, wondering how he is here, and which lie Mark will invent to justify its escape.

"I see that you lost your language then I am going to talk the time that you find it," He adds while laughing, continuing to speak all alone. Then he pulls out a newspaper article from the same day and puts it in front of the young woman. "I signed a deal with the state. I deliver information about criminals in Central City and in exchange I get paroled. That article confirms it, it came out a few hours ago." clarifies the former criminal

Frost picks up the newspaper and reads it quickly while listening to what he says. It comes out of the Central City News so it seems pretty reliable. Mark takes his drink in hand and invites his partner to do the same.

"To us." He says with a smile, then he and Frost taste the cocktail Mark has concocted.

"There is something that I do not understand."

"What is it dear Snowflake?" questions the handsome brunet.

"Why would you switch sides? Why would you rat out your buddies?" questions Frost.

"For you." he answers simply

The white-haired woman remains silent for a few seconds.

"What do you mean 'For me'?"

"So we can still see each other, outside of prison, which is not a very friendly or serene place." Explains Mark

"How come we're getting out on the same day? How did you know I was getting out today when you left me that message on the drawing?"

"It's a pretty funny story, but mostly very well-timed. At noon I went to see my friend, while you were eating, remember that? That guy had some info for me; that your lawyer had filed your papers for your release from jail. So when I found out that my lawyer had come too, he comes every Thursday afternoon, I told him that I was taking the government's offer that he had made to me 2 weeks before," he said as he came to take a sip of his drink. " I quickly left the visiting room, went back to our old cell, grabbed my stuff as I quickly wrote the bar address on your self-portrait that I hope you like."

"That's... I don't know what it is. Maybe it's fate. Do you believe in destiny?"

"Your arrival in my life is like a gift from God, a miracle so now I'm ready to believe anything."

"No one has ever told me that..." As she smiles politely, touched by what he says.

"We should tell you, you're an amazing person Snowflake, I mean that sincerely."

The young woman takes several sips of her cocktail to hide the fact that she is blushing.

"Tell me a little about yourself." Mark asks

"I'm not sure there's much good to say about me but I'll tell you my story and you can judge for yourself. Flash changed the timeline four years ago, rewriting the entire timeline. In this version, Caitlin's father, Thomas, gave her a genetic disease. He then tested a homemade remedy on his daughter. She recovered but in return, I appeared almost immediately. I made a few appearances when she was in danger or angry. When I finally took control, some thirty years later, I did some stupid things, like joining the future Flash who had gone over to the dark side. He called himself the god of speed and I believed him, I believed in his plan, in his intentions. I wanted Caitlin and Team Flash to pay for locking me up, for preventing me from taking control. But in the end, I changed my mind, I wanted to at least see, try to live the life they were offering me. I was only present to fight metas but it was fine for me at first, it was better than nothing. A year ago, my sister offered to let me be in control and live my life, not just fight and it was one of the best experiences I've ever had. I went to an art show and that's when I discovered that I had the soul of an artist. I learned how to manage my emotions thanks to my life coach. More recently Caitlin and I separated after an attack by a luminous meta-human. We became closer than ever. The rest you know it, I was caught up in my criminal past and arrested for it." Explains Frost calmly as Mark listens to her and takes a sip from time to time.

"Quite a story, you've come a long way."

"I've been through a lot indeed. How about you? Other than falling into the Central City lake when you were young." Asks the icy meta-human

"I'm an only child, my father ran off when I was 12, my mother passed away a few years later. Like I told you, no one was waiting for me when I got out of prison."

"I feel sorry for you Mark."

"But things are looking up for us Snowflake, everything will be okay, I can feel it in my bones." He adds with a smile on his face as Frost finishes her drink, Mark does the same then picks up the 2 empty glasses from the table, gets up to go back to the counter in front of Frost, and mix two cocktails again.

"How come your bosses still let you come here when you've ratted them out?" asks the young woman

"This is our last night here, I'll tell the cops everything I know first thing in the morning." He replies

"Too bad, I liked the bartender in you." Frost adds with a wink

"It will be enough to buy the various ingredients and I will make you all the cocktails of the world." Mark says while finishing preparing their drink. He takes the glasses in hand and moves towards the table where Frost is sitting before a shot resounds in the bar.