¹⁴ ❘❘ ⁱ ᶠᵒᵘⁿᵈ ᵃ ᵍⁱʳˡ ༉·₊˚✧

Start from the beginning

"A-are you sure you'll wash all that, Y/N-san?" Shibayama sputters as he sweat dropped, looking at the laundry basket you're carrying that's already filled to the brim.

'Anything to prevent my sweet, doting goddess from tiring herself and making her heavenly soft hands on getting rough from doing heavy chores.' You thought, picturing Alisa's blinding smile that brought a faint redness onto your cheeks.

"Mhm," you nod curtly. "So is there anything else that needs some washing? Don't be shy, I'm feeling generous today."

"A wife material...!" Yamamoto inaudibly squeaks, clenching his fists tight while Inuoka exclaims how cool you are. Fukunaga and the cheery first year help you pick up the lasts of the remaining clothes strewn over the floor like a good children they are.

After you thanked the two, Kuroo took something from his bag and casually pass it to you.

You put down the plastic basket first before accepting it. Eyebrows narrowing as you read what's written on the printed sheet of paper. "What's this...?"

"Just some permission slip for the training camp in a few weeks after the exams." He elaborates, zipping up his messenger bag. "It requires the parent's permission first, so, yeah. Naoi-sensei said that needs to be submitted tomorrow morning."

"Okay." You mutter, thinking of a way how are you going to ask for your guardian's sign, when you don't have one.

'Yasashi-san's not home until tomorrow...' you mull before shrugging. 'Eh, I'll just wing it and do my magic. I'm good at faking signatures though, especially at the last minute. Never caught once.'

Getting ahold of the basket again, you told them to hurry up since apparently, Nekomata asked you to call the boys to the gym because they're taking too long. The reason why you went here in the first place.

The boys exits in a single file, with you and Teshiro being the last ones falling behind the rowdy brethren.

"L/N-san!"

You stop on your tracks at the mention of your name, and the first year on your side copies your actions. Even Yaku who heard the voice, also pauses.

Head whirling around, you got face to face with an ash blonde haired tall male, who you have seen from the basketball team in a couple of occasions when you went out to refill the bottles. Sure, you exchange a few small smiles, and you could tell he is nice. But other than that, he's pretty much of a stranger to you.

Oh, right. New stranger means another confrontation.

'Ah shit, here we go again.' You sweat dropped, already predicting that he's probably up to no good. 'What did I do this time?'

For some reason, the face of that ballsy purple haired girl is the first thing that pops in your mind as you eye him. 'He's the boyfriend, isn't he? Damn it.'

"Hey, Fuyou?" Yaku calls, blinking away while looking at his classmate that's in your front. "Is there anything you need with our manager? We're in a little kind of hurry."

It seems like the boy didn't hear him, for his blue eyes didn't tear away from the wary expression you wore. Slowly, he reveal his hand that he was hiding behind his back. In between his long fingers held an envelope with a cutout red heart stamp in the middle.

The breath you've been holding for a while now, release as your shoulders relaxes. Asserting him a brief nod, you took the undoubtedly love letter in his hands.

This situation's nothing new, actually.

Whenever a cute guy with a love letter approaches you, that means it's meant to be given to your goddess-looking, spanish-speaking friend.

And with your friend being a loyal simp for Akane, you could guess where the letters go afterwards.

"Ah, don't worry, I'll give it to Rezu later. I can't guarantee a reply though―"

"That's for you!"

You feel like you lags there the second you heard his clarification. Yaku and Tamahiko looked quiet taken aback as well.

"...Pardon?"

Fuyou's face turn a shade of red as he clear his throat. "The love letter... t-that's for you. Not Rendón-san." He stammers, visibly jittery on his feet.

Sucking in an air, he shut his eyes close and bow in a proper angle, holding out a hand to you that made you take a step back out of surprise. "I like you, L/N-san. Please go out with me...!"

With his volume like that, surely just did caught the attention of the players walking ahead. Their facial expressions holds their visible bafflement, but their minds were quick to connect the dots and perceive what they were missing upon seeing the situation.

A cute guy and a girl, standing 3 feet apart. The boy is blushing deeply while bowing, with a love letter outstretched towards a girl. Can what's happening be any more obvious?

Of course, it's a typical declaration of love like any other scene from a cliché, and cringeworthy shoujo mangas.

"What a ballsy dude! Oi, Y/N-san's off limits―" shadow casting over his eyes, Yamamoto rolls up his sleeve but Kuroo is quick to grab ahold of the back of his collar, and pull him back in place again when he's about to start marching his way over you.

The mohawk haired male was about to protest, but the scheming captain told him to hush and just sit back to see what's going to happen.

"Thank you, I-I really do appreciate your feelings for me..." you start with a shaky voice, all while fighting down the anxiety and the guilt that's eating you away. "But I can't accept your confession. I can only offer you friendship... I'm very sorry." You dipped your head in apology.

As much as you can tell that Fuyou's intentions were genuine, you don't know him that well to just instantly jump into a sudden relationship together with a practical stranger. Even if he's one hell of a good-looking guy.

His face twists into a sad one, but he simply nodded in understanding, as his shoulders slumps. "I... understand. But may I ask why? Is there anything particularly wrong with me that you don't like perhaps?"

"Oh n-no, no, no!" You quickly shake your head from side to side while waving your hands to contradict his assumption. "I can tell that you're a nice guy, and there's nothing wrong with you!"

"Then... why?" He softly asks, orbs piercing on you like they were begging and desperate for an answer.

"Well, umm, you see..." your face heats up as you sheepishly rub your nape. Your meek, striking pair of E/C eyes shifts around, trying to find the right words to say.

With a fake cough and a timid, apologetic smile, you drop the bombshell to the team that's eavesdropping, and especially to Fuyou whose jaw went ajar, with the exception of Kuroo who intake their varying versions of priceless faces.

"You see, I'm k-kind of... I'm actually into girls."