📻 Slow Dance - Cecilos 🧪

Genre: fluff

Description: Cecil makes dinner.

Warnings: food mention

Word count: 436

A/N: anyway if anyone wants my playlist for imagining your ship dancing to just lmk. Also, this is my first ever (published) WTNV oneshot, so please tell me if you enjoyed! I'll probably write more if people like it.

Cecil was in the kitchen, listening to the radio while making dinner. Or rather, attempting to make dinner. He was, admittedly, a terrible cook, but he wanted to surprise Carlos when he came home — which, judging from the muffled sound of a car door slamming and the key in the lock shortly after, he already was.

Carlos walked into the kitchen, where he was greeted by his grinning husband. "Carlos!" Cecil exclaimed. He saw Carlos every day, but no matter how much time they spent together, Cecil was always excited when he saw him again after work.

"I'm making your favourite!" Cecil pointed to the stove, where a mysterious mixture of ingredients was bubbling.

"It looks ..." In all honesty, it looked extremely unappetising. In fact Carlos couldn't tell what exactly it was — did he even have a favourite food? Still, he could tell Cecil was putting in effort, which he appreciated. "It looks edible!"

The radio started playing a song. It was some sappy old-fashioned love song and neither Cecil nor Carlos recognised it, but nevertheless Cecil held out his hand. "Dance with me?"

Carlos chuckled and took his husband's hand. The two slow danced around the kitchen, circling the kitchen table.

"Do you even know how to dance?" Carlos asked Cecil, who was doing more stumbling than dancing.

Cecil shook his head. "I just thought it'd be fun," he admitted, and they both laughed.

Cecil rested his head on Carlos's shoulder, a soft smile resting on his face as he breathed in the sweet scent of shampoo. He cherished the moments like these, when it felt as though the only thing in the world that mattered was one another.

Okay, the food mattered too. It was definitely overcooking.

Cecil reluctantly broke away from Carlos's embrace to take the food off the stove. Carlos watched him, perching on the kitchen table. He felt so lucky to have such a wonderful husband and he felt so much love for him, even if he didn't believe in mountains and couldn't cook to save his life. He decided he'd eat the burnt, unidentified slop Cecil was serving and just hope it actually was edible.

"I love you," he said, taking Cecil by the hand and kissing him gently. Whether it was a genuine display of affection or Carlos just trying to stall on eating whatever it was that Cecil had made, you may never know (it was both). Still, Cecil kissed him back. The song had ended now, but neither of them cared. Once again, the only thing that mattered to them in that moment was each other.