She flipped the card around, finding the phone number of her soon to be savior.

Should she call her?

She could offer Julia the designs, maybe get offered the same job as she did at the party. It was a wonder that the woman even knew Averies name, someone as supreme as her probably had to remember too many names, and yet she knew Averie.

Julia was nice, she seemed to understand that she needed nothing more than designing. She had also said Averie could be more successful, and that she can help with that.

So it was either continue being disrespected by her boss at Mature Divinity—where she was shamed, yelled at for doing nothing, or she could take the opportunity to work at a different company. One where the boss wanted to work with her, almost begged. One where her boyfriend worked, in the same city, same building.

Averie had a moment of clarity, crystal clear.

There wasn't really a choice in the first place, though.

She never wanted to feel as unwelcomed as she had been feeling at her job. Her friends made it better, but she was still lonely. Didn't anyone understand that?

She was only twenty two years old and already was burnt out.

And she was picked out of thousands of other applicants for what? To hate every aspect of her job except the designing part? Her first day she was scrubbing the floors of the place for gods sake. That wasn't normal. It wasn't ethical.

Averie didn't want to feel unwelcome like that ever again, which is why she's changing her path. She was the creator of her path, she can bend it to her will.

And she was.

She was going to offer the designs to Julia, who deserved them much more than Draco fucking Malfoy.

If she was being completely honest with herself, Averie had hoped that Draco would have changed his attitude after their not so secret night together.

Sure, she had hoped he regretted it like she did, but did she?

Did she regret it?

The only thing she had regrets about was that she allowed Malfoy to take her when he'd never been nice to her. The smallest sliver of her had only hoped that night changed the way he thought of her, maybe he would respect her more—this obviously wasn't the case, but she couldn't help what she felt.

She was attracted to him, though she might always dismiss it, it was the truth. She felt like there was more beneath him than the cold, closed off, rude exterior that he portrayed.

But time and time over again he proved that wrong.

How many times would he have to prove himself as over insolent before Averie takes the hint? Before she realizes he wouldn't change, wouldn't grow an inch, even if the smallest part of her wished he had?

How many times would she allow herself to be disappointed in someone who she can't fix? Who can't even tolerate being around her without insulting her.

She was done with only seeing potential, the sole thing she could fix, or try to fix—was herself. If he wouldn't blossom, then she would.

That's what she needed to do now—fix herself. Which is why La Perla would be good for her. A new scenery, new colleagues, hopefully a better workspace, and she would still be doing the work she loved. And above all, she could try to be more successful.

She wanted to invite Theo up to her apartment after she took the job working under Julia. He would be so excited for her, and she wanted to see his reaction when she told him about everything that happened in Milan.