Chapter 6 - Genevieve Rosier

Start from the beginning

The little ferret acted all tough with that secret. He must've felt so bloody incredible holding that over Rosalie's head. Somehow though, the little idiot came to his wits and assured both Rosalie and I that he wasn't about to tattle off to his precious father.

I, somewhat, regret letting Rosalie wander off with him alone earlier, but, frankly, it wasn't my conversation to have, now was it? And she was grown enough, wasn't she? Although my parents aren't entirely happy I was sorted into Gryffindor, of all houses, they weren't going to disown me for it. Even with all the help I could provide Rosalie, my family were hardly ones to cause enough of a stir to gain attention from other families. If the news had already traveled far enough that the Malfoys already heard of the chaos Rosalie's sorting might bring, my family needed nothing to do with it. The Rosier family already caused enough chaos in wizarding history.

Draco might be a little pesky rat, but I could only hope that he'd keep his wits about himself when it came to Rosalie and, well, me. Pureblood's words travel fast. I don't need my parents down my throat about my choices in friends and portrayal of myself. At home, I'll keep my word to presenting myself as a lady with appropriate manners, but, at Hogwarts, I was going to do whatever I bloody wanted! Well, within reason, of course. No part of my being primarily desired becoming best friends with a house elf or offering a squib a helping hand.

Draco's words cut through my thoughts, "Look! Its that stupid thing Longbottoms' gran sent him." He scoffed, rolling it around his hands. Harry, living up to his righteous title apparently, stepped up with a small glare, "Give it here, Malfoy," Harry yelled to him, walking up with his broom.

Draco stepped on the end of the broom and it slowly lifted up into the air, "Come and get it, Potter." He teased, flying further away. Harry didn't hesitate, quickly getting onto his broom and chasing after him.

The rest of the class rushed after them, ending up in a huddled group whose necks were craned up towards the sky as the two boys flew through the air.

"They're good flyers," Marlene admitted, speaking mostly about Harry, of course.

"They're also both bloody idiots." Rosalie scolded while crossing her arms. I rolled my eyes at her. The boys could get in whatever trouble they pleased. It was their reputations they would ruin.

Harry and Draco were in the sky for quite some time. It almost looked like they were playing tag. Completely childish if you ask me. Draco, suddenly, dropped the red orb, letting it fall to the ground. Harry was quick to swoop in and grab it with his left hand before he flew back over to us, holding it above him with a triumphant grin.

The class cheered for him as he flew closer to the ground, yelling his name as he landed and clapped for him. Draco flew back down to his friends in the back, scowl placed firmly on his face.

I got wrapped up in the little celebration, admittedly impressed by Potter's abilities. Perhaps, he truly was as much as Ron and Hermione talked him up to be. Maybe.

"HARRY POTTER!" Professor McGonagall's voice echoed across the field, startling us. Harry paled as McGonagall marched over to him before pulling him with her back to the castle.

"Bye bye, Potter!" Draco said with an evil smirk on his face, laughing with his friends.

Flying lessons ended a while later, but dinner was at seven which meant there was some free time I could greedily take advantage of. I decided to use it to my advantage and go to the library to do all my homework. Walking all the way back to the common room, I grabbed my books, some parchment, a quill, and some ink. I bid my farewell to the lady in the painting, and made my way down the moving stairs.