i. falling for you (literally)

Hi there!
Thank you for reading!-
Also, Noya and Asahi are already in the team, and Yachi is still learning to be the manager of the team.

Word Count: 469

Anyways, let's begin...

~><><><~

~8:44, Miyagi Prefecture, Japan, Kageyama's House~

Shit! I'm gonna be late, thought Kageyama angrily, cursing his damn alarm. Why is it always the alarm?
And it certainly chose its perfect moment to wake him up at 8:30, twenty minutes before school started - it was his tryout for the Karasuno volleyball team today. And school, but who cares about that?

He ran to his school, Karasuno High, through the many hallways, until he reached the huge doors of the volleyball hall. He screeched to a stop, staring in awe at the massive grey doors. To be honest, it wasn't much of a sight, but for Kageyama, it marked the beginning of his high school life as a volleyball club setter - the position he was going to be. No matter what.

This was oddly peaceful. He heard the bouncing of volleyball inside of the hall and slowly gathered the courage to knock on the doors. As he lifted his arm, he curled his hands into a fist and-

"H-hey! Watch out!"

A high-pitched voice called out behind him. Kageyama only managed to turn around before being headbutted in the stomach, knocking all the air out of his lungs and pushing him to the ground.

He lay there for a few seconds, taking in the warm weight on this chest. Opening his eyes, he saw... A tangerine? No, it was a mop of curly orange hair.

"Ohh, crap! I'm so sorry!"

The same voice said apologetically, slightly muffled as their head was buried in Kageyama's shirt.

Huh. This is actually kind of nice, thought Kageyama, before shaking his head, erasing all of those strange thoughts from his mind. What was he thinking? Kageyama was known for having a steely set and a heart just like it. So why did that steely heart feel so warm inside? What was this tingly feeling?

The orange-haired person - Kageyama guessed it was a boy, judging by the lean body - began to try and get up, but every time he tried he slipped and fell back down. Kageyama lay there with no movement, wishing he could just sink into the ground and die.

Finally, the silence (the exception being the occasional soft grunts of the tangerine-like boy as he tried to stand up) was broken by doors loudly creaking open, scraping against the wooden floor.

"... Uh... Sorry to bother you but... Can I help you?