[𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍]

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry. Did I step on your moment?" I smirked.

~

"What are you doing?" asked Councilman Rockwell.

"She's disabling security protocols and dumping all the secrets onto the Internet." Pierce caught on as Councilman Yen held the gun he grabbed from an Agent that was on the floor toward Pierce.

"Including HYDRA's." I muttered, typing on the computer

"And SHIELD's." he chuckled. "If you do this, none of your past or Katherine's past is going to stay hidden." I stopped typing for a quick second. Would Katherine let me spill everything we've done? Yes, she would. If it meant taking down HYDRA, she would. "Are you ready for the world to see you both as you really are?" he questioned.

"Are you?" I smirked, resuming my previous actions.

"Restricted access." the AI's voice said when I was about to dump everything.

I knew we needed executive order. Fortunately, the people we needed were coming.

"Disabling the encryption is an executive order. It takes two Alpha Level members." Pierce said.

That's wrong.

"Don't worry. Company's coming. And, for this, it takes four, actually." I smirked.

He didn't know Fury made Katherine and I Alpha Level members.

The helicopter Katherine and Fury were in landed on the helipad. They walked off, walking in.

Pierce was shocked, and angry, to see that Nick was still alive.

"Did you get my flowers?" Pierce asked, smirking. "I'm glad you're here, Nick."

"Really? Because I thought you had me killed." Fury scoffed.

"You know how the game works."

"So why make me the head of SHIELD?"

"Because you were the best, and the most ruthless person I ever met." Pierce said.

"I did what I did to protect people." Fury snapped.

"Our enemies are your enemies, Nick. Disorder. War. It's just a matter of time before a dirty bomb goes off in Moscow, or an EMP fries Chicago." he smirked. "Diplomacy? A holding action, Nick. A band-aid. And you know where I learned that. Bogota." Fury took a breath. "you didn't ask. You just did what had to be done. I can bring order to the lives of seven billion people by sacrificing 20 million. It's the next step, Nick. If you have the courage to take it."

"No, I have the courage not to." Fury said, grabbing Pierce's arm and bringing him over to the screen.

"Retinal scanner active." the AI said as I typed in the command.

I immediately pointed my gun over at Pierce and so did Katherine.

"You don't think we've wiped your clearance from the system?" Pierce chuckled.

"I know you erased my password." Fury snapped. "Probably deleted my retinal scan. But if you wanna stay ahead of me, Mr. Secretary," he took his eyepatch off. "you need to keep both eyes open." he looked at Katherine and me. "Let's finish this."

"You made Alpha Level members?" Pierce questioned.

"Damn right, I did. These two are two of my best Agents." Fury smirked.

We put one eye in the retinal scanner and it accepted the encryption code.

"Alpha Level confirmed." the AI spoke. "Encryption code accepted. Safeguards removed." the files had now been released.