Chapter Sixty Five

Start from the beginning

"Why?" 

"Just tell her. You really okay?" 

"I think so. It's weird..." 

"How? You can tell me, it's alright. What's weird?" 

"Just how I feel. I feel like I should be more upset. Should I?" 

"I can't tell you how to feel Jakers... You said you'd had a cry." 

"Yeah." 

"Then you've probably already been more upset than most would be in your shoes. Are you gonna go to the funeral?" 

"How do you know that?" 

"Well, Perrie told me, but it doesn't take a genius Jake. A funeral is the next natural step when someone dies." 

I actually laughed. "I don't know. What do you think I should do?" 

"Do what you feel you want to do and never mind what Maddie thinks. I think it sounds harsh but you've always put your family first, I think in this case you need to look after number one. Maddie would understand eventually, you know." 

"I dunno what to do. I've not thought about it much yet." 

"Well when you do, don't go running off to any abandoned buildings. Talk to Pezza." 

"I will. I've promised her I won't go there anymore." 

"Aaawh... how come?" 

I thought about lying about hurting myself, but realised it would be quite obvious I'd done something to my arm next time I saw Lauren. "I tripped... when I was coming out to come home. I cut myself a bit, it's nothing though, but Perrie thinks it's too dangerous. So I said I'll stay away."

"You bloody idiot." 

"Wow, thanks." 

"If Perrie broke something doing her crazy dance routines, would you want her doing that move again?" 

"No, I get the point Lauren, it's alright. Plus, the dance routines are gonna look sick and you know it." I grinned, a sudden wave of excitement over the tour hitting me. Lauren had tagged along with us to rehearsals a few days previously, and seen some of the routines for the show. 

"True that! Right, I'm gonna go... call me if you need to yeah?" 

"I will. Thanks for being the most amazing best friend ever... again. Always." 

"Aah pack it in... you'd do the same for me. Get some sleep, you must be wiped out." 

"Pretty much." 

"Night Jakers. Love and stuff." 

"Love and stuff back." I laughed, hanging up. 

Perrie came back into the room with two mugs. "Hot chocolate?" 

"Ooohh, yes please... you were ages." 

"I didn't wanna disturb you, so I made these."

"Thanks... Lauren said to tell you I told you so. What's she on about?" 

"Oh, before... she freaked me out actually. She knew exactly where you'd be, knew you'd be back within an hour or two, and knew pretty much exactly what you'd do when you got back. She knows you so well it's scary." 

"Yeah, I think we know each other better than we know ourselves." 

"I hope me and you get like that one day." 

"What do you mean, one day? It already freaks me out how well you know me sometimes!" 

"I know what you mean, but still it takes years to build a relationship like that... d'you think-" Perrie paused suddenly, her cheeks turning pink, and sipped on her drink, looking away from me.