World Building

All Of Us takes place in an imaginary country, Methron. I realized once I had finished writing Part One (HA HA) that the alternate universe aspects of the story weren't always clear. So even though it doesn't make me a very good storyteller, I decided to make a cheat sheet to Methronian culture in this chapter. All of this is implied in the story, so you can always skip this chapter and come back to it if you're too lost !

 All of this is implied in the story, so you can always skip this chapter and come back to it if you're too lost !

This is a map of Methron with the main locations used in All Of Us. Methron is an island of very small size; it's easy to cross it in less than a day's ride by horse.

I'm going to include a small glossary of key words and aspects below (in alphabetical order ;). You can always skip to a specific word if you're lost whilst reading the story.

Epoh: Methron's capital, home to the Castle (the Court's main residence).

Isfalt: This is a common name for any noble which has land and often Servs. So a Baron can also be referred to as an Isfalt.

Lassheso: The religion of Methron. It is a monotheistic religion which serves Sheso (the term for God in Methron). It places particular importance on the traditional family, especially on the submissive role of women, and condemns homosexuality. According to its teaching, women are forbidden from wearing pants.

Servs: Commoners who follow the practice of Servdom (see below).

Servdom: This refers to the practice of working for an Isfalt for free. Usually, it involves producing agricultural yields for the noble in question. Commoners are only made Servs after a crime. Being a Serv is considered a great honor, as they are serving - albeit indirectly - the Crown.

That's it ! Hopefully, I'm way less smart than I think I am and the world-building aspect of the story won't be difficult at all to grasp.

Without further ado, enjoy !