Chapter 3 - Rosalie Selwyn

Start from the beginning

"Rosalie, sweetheart," my mother began, leaving me wondering if it was nerves in her voice, "You remember the Malfoy family, don't you? They live in that gorgeous manor in Wiltshire."

I nodded quickly, "Yes, of course," I stated, turning my head to the blonde family before me, nodding once more in greeting, "It is good to make your acquaintance once more, Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy." Lowering my head a little bit in a gesture of respect as my mother once taught me, I let out a breath I accidentally held.

Don't mess up this interaction. Remember what you've been taught.

Mrs. Malfoy's lips tilted up just slightly, though she appeared no less threatening "Lovely to see you again, Rosalie," Mrs. Malfoy said, almost pleasantly. "I'm pleased to see you are attending Hogwarts."

I smiled at her.

"Narcissa, Lucius, where is young Draco, now?" my mother asked curiously. Mrs. Malfoy's gaze slid away from me and to my mother, leaving me nearly crumbling in relief.

"He has already boarded the train.'' She told my mother, plainly.

"Our Draco has even made a few friends in his short time here," Mr. Malfoy added, rather smugly. Suddenly, he turned his attention to me, and I felt no different than cowering prey.

"I hope you also make his acquaintance, Rosalie," he decided, though it felt almost like an instruction. Glancing back at my parents, the tall, intimidating man continued, "I'm sure both the Selwyns and Malfoys would do well to have such a. . . strong. . .connection."

His words left a bad taste in my mouth, but I nodded, nonetheless.

Admittedly, I didn't know much about this 'Draco' character. My parents had talked much of many pureblood children my entire life, but I hardly met any of them in a setting outside of a fancy banquet or dinner. My parents had no desire for family mingling beyond politics and connection, I was more than aware of that fact. I could only hope this Draco would be a little less stuck up than his father, if we are intended to meet. When I thought harder about it, I could faintly recall a celebration held for a young, blonde boy years prior.

"Well, we should get going," my mother tenisted. After a tense moment, a polite smile curled on her lips.

"Yes, so wonderful to see you, dear," Mrs. Malfoy said, pulling my mother in for a kiss on the cheek, along with a slight hug. My father, now returning from handling my luggage, gave Mr. Malfoy a determined handshake. It looked nowhere near friendly.

Once parted from the Malfoys, my parents walked me over to the door where dozens of students entered the train. Before I made a move to enter the train, I gave both my mother and father a long hug goodbye, waving to them as I entered the grand Hogwarts Express.

They waved back as I disappeared onto the train.

Letting out a long breath. I glanced around at the interior of the train.

Now, the hard part comes: finding a compartment to sit in.

I walked past four different compartments until I finally came across one with three boys in it. I slid open the door, standing tall and confident in the doorway. The three boys all turned to me with smug faces.

One of their faces pinched up when he saw me, his lips curling into a scowl, "This cart is for purebloods only," he spat with an almost venomous tone.

I stood straighter at the accusation. How dare this pathetic boy accuse me of being anything less than a pureblood?

"Actually," I started, brow raised, "I am pureblood," I finalized, crossing my arms.