LXXXII - Caught in the Fire

Start from the beginning

With that Seraphina was more worried about Demian's condition. She wanted to see him yet, the guards would always interject her and would tell her to stay in her room.

While she was in her deep thoughts, her door burst opened, making her startle in the process. She looked at the source and found Celia was there, a deep frown carved on her face.

"What is it?" She asked.

"I don't know but a large number of men had gathered inside of the castle. The defense ministry had arrived and now they were in a confidential conference in Prince Billard's Chamber." Celia informed.

Seraphina's brows tied into a knot. Why was the defense minister here? Was there a war coming? With whom? Her heart took a speed as somehow the atmosphere didn't feel quite right.

Before Celia and Seraphina could engage into a conversation, a set of feet entered the room. They had brown military clothes unlike the Dragon Guards. However, a few Dragon soldiers were behind them and all of their eyes were on Celia and Seraphina.

Celia seemed to be overwhelmed by their presence but Seraphina was unaffected by it as she stood up and asked, "Is there something that matters?"

.

One of them came closer and said, "You are being called to Prince Billard's chamber immediately."

****

Billard and Master Valentine stayed immobile in their places. While Billard was sitting in his chair, Master Valentine, taking a place beside Billard, stood straight. Both of their eyes were on the defense minister of the Dragons nation. Houjou Sarodo. His thick mustache stayed in a thick bush of black hair above his lips as his round eyes looked at them cautiously and occasionally drifted between them.

Billard pursed his lips in a thin line as his eyes raked through the reports and the picture of a woman. The papers and scrolls were spread across his table and he clenched his jaw.

"We have to capture her immediately!" Houjou said as Billard had no words to encounter it.

It seemed the imposter who had been living with them for more than two months was none other than a wizard. A very infamous wizard, if he may add it. The Flame Queen.

Now every dot was connected in his mind. The answers for which he had been sending his men had finally come to an abrupt end. A bad ending and it gave him quite the surprise.

Not a few days ago, he had found out the resemblances in his reports that were similar to Seraphina and now Houjou had come with every proof he needed to establish his points against Seraphina.

She not only was living under the human Princess's name but also hid her identity as a wizard.

When he had found out about it, he was angry at Seraphina but he was still glad that it was Seraphina as she had saved his brother's life and also had changed his brother into a different man. Were those for to win their trust?

It could be...

His belly warmed with hellfire as he was feeling it hard to control his anger. What if Seraphina hurt his brother?

How could he be so careless?

"Prince Billard. How come a wizard could live in your castle without anyone's knowledge?" Houjou asked the questions that Billard was finding for himself all these time.

Was she that powerful? His anger almost reached his head. She had the nerve to enter a Dragon castle. He wanted to send her into the dungeon for tricking them but he wasn't sure he should as Seraphina had done nothing other than saving Demian. But it could have been a trap. Although, it had no proof.

Besides, his brother liked Seraphina but now what would he do after learning the truth?

Billard knew Demian was going through the transformation already. The burns and scales would grow now and that was the reason he wasn't coming to breakfast. He stayed mostly in his room.

But now, he had to tell his family about this truth. Tell Demian about the truth. He didn't know what his reaction would be. It would break him and it angered Billard more.

How dare the wizard trick his little brother and play with his emotion?

Billard didn't answer as Houjou said, "We should immediately act and kill that witch!"

Billard looked at him with a frown. Why was he hesitating? He was feeling raged but when it came to killing Seraphina, he was in denial.

If Houjou didn't come, Billard would sort the matter confidentially without anyone's knowledge but who he was trying to fool?

Houjou Sarodo was a man who had powers and goons all over the dragon nation and the outside of it to keep the borders at peace and protect the whole Dragon Country.

"May I?" A voice asked from beside Billard as Houjou looked at the white robe wearing man.

Master Valentine said, "We should at least ask before coming to any gruesome punishment for her."

"And why is that? Are you perhaps trying to give her enough time to stab us in our backs?" Houjou asked.

"Of course, not!" Master Valentine said but his tone was against Houjou's idea of punishing Seraphina. "We should at least confront her."

Billard stayed quiet as his mind was in the swirl-wheel of his own thoughts while both Master Valentine and Houjou got into an argument. It seemed weird that Master Valentine was siding with Seraphina.

"Call Seraphina here." Billard ordered, his voice was as grave as his face. Houjou was about to interject but seeing the grim expression on his face, he decided against it.

"Take that witch out here!" He shouted at his men as some of them were dispatched from his group and a few of the dragon soldiers followed them. It seemed Master Valentine motioned them to follow her.

"Call Demian and Zenith here as well as the maid Seraphina had come with." Billard said as he felt Master Valentine's body went rigid.