Bad Joke

With every ounce of Eren's strength, he willed himself not to leave right on the spot. This is a mistake. It has to be. As Levi watched the other man come over, Eren's teeth rattled with sheer and utter nervousness. The man sat down next to them on the opposite side of Eren.

"Oh, hey! It's you again!" The man said, smiling. Eren cleared his throat and looked over to Levi, who seemed pre-occupied with the menu. "So, sorry for interrupting dinner. Just thought I'd come out and see this guy." Pointing to Levi, and looked back at Eren who nodded hesitantly.

"Well," Levi spoke at last. Looking up from the menu, he put it down and pointed to the man sitting on the left side of the table. "This is Erwin. Erwin, this is Eren."

"H-h-hi Erwin."

"Hah, hey there. So Eren, how is school coming along?"

"School? Oh, right. Um, good. School is good." Eren choked out, looking fron Levi to Erwin and then back. Levi's pale face didn't change as the waitress came over. Leaning her chest downwards for viewing, she smiled.

"Okay boys, and how can I help you lovely three? How about a start with drinks?" Her red matte lipstick curled at the ends of her lips and she smiled at Erwin. Her fingers slid down into her apron and pulled out a pad and pen. Levi watched her intently, with the way she looked at Eren and winked. Eren's face grew red, and he looked down, tracing the table patterns. Giving orders to the woman, she nodded, brushed her fingertips against Eren's arm, and left. Levi narrowed his eyes are her receding back, and then to Eren's flushed face. Erwin, noticing the tension, cleared his throat and put his large hand on Levi's shoulder.

"So! Levi, how'd you meet Eren?" Erwin asked, though he already knew the answer. Eren's face went white, and he bit his lip as Levi looked up and sighed.

"Eren is from the same college as me. My roommate."

"Oh, neat then." Erwin mumbled, awkwardly feeling every inch of heat radiating off Levi. Eren cleared his throat and looked at Erwin's thick eyebrows.

"How do you two know each other?" Eren questioned, and Erwin perked up.

"Grade school. Good times, good times."

"Oh cool. So you guys must be like, really close friends then, right?"

"Boyfriends." Levi muttered, making barely audible sounds. Erwin, smiled wide and nodded six times until an elbow smashed into his lower ribs. Eren's face dropped, and everything seemed to slow down. Boyfriends? But the grinding and comment.. What? Eren stood up from the seat he was sitting in, and narrowed his eyes. Erwin's wide jaw tensed as he stopped smiling. Eren watched Levi's face switch from embarrassment to concern in an instant. "Eren?" Levi's voice sounded far and heavy, like the beating of a distant heart. Everything seemed so sureal to Eren, like he woke up from a dream, only to find out he's still dreaming. Green eyes narrowed with anger. Erwin grabbed his own knee and squeezed it, making sure he was still alive, because if looks could kill, Eren would've killed them both already.

"Boyfriends?" Eren spit at them with a hard voice, and Levi tilted his head. Ready to speak, Levi was cut off by Eren's hand smashing against the top of the table. Shivers were sent straight down Erwin's back. "You can't be dating. No, because you.. You!" He yelled at Levi, with a shaking hand pointing at him. Levi sat up straighter, and laced his fingers together. "That morning, you.. You grinded against me! And you said you would rather see me naked! How can you cheat on Erwin?!" Strangers from around them all stared at them for a long time, watching Levi sit still. Erwin started to figit heavily, and looked down, feeling as guilty as charged. "It is a terrible thing for you to do! How could you-"

"Eren, stop. Listen to-" Levi started.

"No, I won't stop! Explain to me why you'd do that? Huh?!"

"Listen, Eren. Kiddo," Erwin stood up and put his large hand against Eren's shoulder, pushing him down into the chair again. Eren let him, and gripped the armrests with white knuckles. "We lied. Okay? Just, relax. You're making a scene in public." Eren's anger suddenly disappeared and switched to horror and embarrassment. Looking down at the table, Eren clenched his fists into his knees and bit his bottom lip hard. "We just, wanted to, hm, teach...? Yeah, teach. We wanted to teach you that lying isn't fair and can get others in trouble."

"I didn't lie though!" Eren hissed, and pointing at Levi, he continued: "He really did grind on me and say he-"

"Eren, you did lie. Not about that. Do you remember? You told me you were dating your roommate, Levi." Eren went from confused to white in under a second. His turqoise eyes flickered from Erwin to Levi and watched Levi's expression, waiting for anger or something. Instead, Levi's face stayed still, and Eren realized that Levi already knew. "Now aside from this, you guys have fun paying for your dinners, if she ever comes back to your table. I need to go. I'm meeting with Arm-shit."

"Armin?" Eren's face lit up at the mention of Armin's name. Levi watched Eren's face turn back to a tanish colour. "Why Armin?"

"I'm helping him study for his next test. Listen, got to go, okay?" He bowed and let the two of them be. Eren's eyes stared back at the table for a long time. Anger welled up inside him for a bit, still mad at the "lesson" they were teaching him.

"That was cruel." Eren muttered, loud enough that Levi heard.

"Well next time you won't lie, will you?"

"There is no next time, when it come to you." Eren spit and stood up. Grabbing his coat, he headed back to the room, forgetting about dinner, but not forgetting about the silver-eyed man.

-
AN:
Sorry it's been a while. I wanted to make this at least a thousand words like the first chapter was. Anyway, I hope you like it, and I'll get workin' on the next chapter in no time.