𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐏𝐮𝐤𝐞

Start from the beginning

Laughter, jokes, high fives, and celebration. The smell of victory surrounded the atmosphere, like a little cloud of happiness and joy.

Too bad that cloud only floated above the group of boys to my side.

I never thought break ups were this depressing. I always thought people overreacted when they spent days grieving over their ex lovers. That was until I experienced my first disappointment.

It hurts a lot. I've never thought I'd say this but I feel like crying.

Stop it Harley, get your things together, you broke up with him. Not the other way around. We were only dating

"What do you say Harley?" Timmy elbowed me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What?"

"About the game." Squints said as walked in front of us.

"I don't know" I shook my head.

"Are you sad?" Bertram asked. All of them stopped to look at me.

"What's wrong Harley?" Tommy asked. I tried avoiding their gaze as her eyes felt more and more watery. Ham rolled his eyes.

"She's just sad her little league boy is a loser." He explained nonchalantly and laughed. "Hey, what did I tell you about associating with that jerk. He's a pathetic little shi-"

"I don't want to talk about it." I shout at him. They went quiet and their faces were serious now. I felt an arm pet my back.

"Yeah guys stop bothering her. Tonight's the night to celebrate our truimph!" Benny told them as he comforted me from behind.

"Losen up Harls!" Kenny said ruffling my hair and making me scrunch my nose. I couldn't help but laugh as they kept encouraging me to be happy.

"Look the Trabant!" Squints suddenly pointed at the ride to our right. They all stared at it in awe of how fast it was going. People were screaming horrifically.

"Wow!" The boys were amazed, I just rolled my eyes and looked away.

"We should go on it!" Yeah Yeah exclaimed excitedly.

Pretty sure I saw a hot dog stand around here and I'm hungry as a hippo. Standing in place as the boys moved ahead, I searched around for it.

"Harley." Ham looked back at me and gestured me to follow.

"I'm going to go get some food. I'll meet you guys here." I point to where I currently stood, he nodded.

"Alright, but make sure to get me some cotton candy. Blue!" He clarified. I nodded and gave him a thumbs up. When he turned back I put my thumb down.

The group began crowding to the ticket stand.

"Hey guys, it's all on me tonight" I heard Benny announce.

As I made my way throughout the fair the more families I saw walk pass me. Little kids with parents, friend groups, and couples.

Tonight, it seemed everyone had that. A person. A person who understands, consoles, and loves you unconditionally. It was something I thought I had, but I was wrong.

All boys are the same.

I rubbed my arm across my face wiping away the tears falling down it. The slight blurriness in my eyes wouldn't let me see clearly but the line for the hot dog stand was up to the other end and going very slow.

I groaned tossing my head back. Turning back around I was ready to go back to where the Tarbant was.

But I didn't have the energy to go when I saw the beautiful view right in front of me. The circular ride motioning around, lights red and white, caught my full attention.