𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦

Start from the beginning

Silent cries were let out as I studied her. Her skin was pale and lifeless. It even felt lifeless because of how cold she was.

The little amount of mascara she had worn was smudged thanks to her tears. She had eyebags that underlined beneath her eyes given that they were swollen from all the crying.

Her frowning didn't compliment her face either, creating wrinkles in her forehead and cheeks.

The rain droplets that kept falling on her drenched her face and eventually slicked her wet hair back. Overall she appeared like she had gotten an exorcism performed.

She looked terrible.

Timidly, she looked up at me, "sorry" She blurted out dejectedly.

"Are you apologizing for crying?" I chuckle.

She sniffled and continued, "I'm sorry for not being good enough for you. I'm sorry you felt the need to find love in someone else. I didn't mean to be so harsh to you all time. It's my fault, I know it, I just -" she whined, playing with the sleeves of her sweater, "I don't want you to leave, I'll try harder. I'm sorry Jordan. You deserve someone worth more." the girl cried, struggling to breathe correctly.

Huh?

She didn't sound bitter- not one bit, although I wish she had. She was true with her words and it was making her fall apart.

I was beyond confused as to why she was being like this ; So soft hearted and apologetic.

I've never thought I'd see her like this. She was apologizing as if she had been guilty of the greatest crime committed. The crime of not being 'good enough.'

Her fragility and regretful behavior shocked me to the point where I was speechless. This was an unexplored side of her she hadn't allowed me to witness. I never even knew it existed.

"I guess you're forgiven." I smile playfully. She pouted at my uncalled for response.

"I hate you." She hit my chest angrily.

I smirk "That's not what you said earlier."

"I hate you," she repeated in annoyance.

"You don't seem to hate that guy you were just with in his bedroom." I tease lifting my brow.

"I don't like him." She shook her head.

"Sure didn't look like it when you had his tongue shoved down your throat." I sneer. She stopped fighting me and instead goggled at me in total disbelief.

"How can you say that?" Harley panted agitated. Her sad and offended face made my smile fade away.

Uneasiness consumed me.

"Let go of me!" She exclaimed desperately trying to push me off her. I stood still trying to wait until she'd calm down.

"Hey you heard her, jerk!"

I immediately spin my head around and come across the surprise of seeing Ham, Jerry, and I think Georgina, all three standing under an umbrella.

"Let my sister go!" Ham shouted dramatically.

"You called them?" I ask her, displeased with their presence. She nodded fearfully.

Loosening my grip on her wrist and finally releasing my hand from the walls, she was set free.

She instantly tried running off. By now the rain was heavier and I'm pretty sure I heard thunder struck.

"Where are you going?" I yelled over her as she walked away from me. She hugged herself as she made her way toward her brother.