"Just a check-up. My headaches have been getting worse." I say this with honesty. It's the reason I'm going. However, that's just not the full story.

He looks deeper into my eyes and I can see the thoughts churning in his head. 

He opens his mouth to say something but Mr. Marcus interrupts him.

"Neil. Erin. This is not social hour. Get to work." Everyone turns and looks at us. I realize he still has his hand on my wrist and move my hand away. He looks hurt by the gesture but nods and begins working on the classwork.

I sigh and place my head in my hands. I take a couple deep breaths. I feel his eyes on me for a moment before the feeling disappears. I look to him and notice his sad-like expression and can't help but feel bad.

I pull out my phone and go through my camera roll before finding the most recent picture of us. I click the share button and click his contact.

Me: *photo attachment* :)

I click send before I regret it and look to him. I watch as he opens my message and a smile instantly pops onto his face. He looks to me and I find the smile to be contagious. I feel a blush rise to my cheeks and look away before he can notice.

I find myself with that smile for the rest of the day.

The more the day went on, the higher my stress level grew. Every teacher was cramming in information last minute and giving way too many practice assignments. However, I was looking forward to spending this time with Cam tonight.

When I arrived to his house, it wasn't what I expected. I parked in the street behind Cam's car. After locking my car, I stood in awe at the house. Surrounding the small brick abode stood a picket white fence that was about waist level. The grass was as green as could be and perfectly cut. Although it's winter, the trees and bushes didn't seem dead. 

I hesitantly entered the yard in fear that I was at the wrong house. I walk up the small pathway and up the couple steps. I texted Cam that I was here as I stood outside. The paint on the house looked fresh and everything looked so...nice.

The door opens and I smile at Cam. 

"Come in." He allows me to come in further and I do. "It's getting really cold." He says, closing the door as quickly as he can.

"Tell me about it." I say sarcastically, rubbing my hands.

"My parents are away on a church retreat so it's just me and Georgie at home."

"Georgie?" I ask, questioningly. I remember Cam told me he was an only child.

He walks away and when he comes back, a black and white cat is in his arms.

"It's a cat!" I say, happiness in my voice. I've always wanted a cat. They're so fluffy and cute.

"This is Georgie." He says, pointing the cat towards me. It's black with white paws and some white on it's face. "We've had him for about three years now."

"He's so cute." I say in a baby voice. I pet him and my heart melts when he starts purring. 

"You ready?" He asks. I nod and follow him to his room. The walls are a dark grey and his room is very clustered, yet organized. He has trophies on a shelf and posters of some soccer players.

"How long have you played soccer?" I ask, sitting down on his bed. He has a textbook, paper, and a calculator ready on his black comforter.

"Since I was four. I've always had a passion for it. This past season, a scout came to the state championship and offered me a full-ride scholarship to college as long as I played soccer for their team."