Untitled Part 1

Stiles sat. Teeth to his lip.

His hands shaking as he ran them through his unkempt hair.

Black circles framed his eyes, cause by the lack of sleep.

From a distance he probably looked crazy. He noticed the looks of sympathy written on the faces around him.

He didn’t want to be here. Wearing this itchy suit and strangling tie.

He wanted to be home. With his dad.

But he couldn’t. Because home wasn’t home anymore and his dad wasn’t there.

“Stiles”

He looked up to find his bestfriend looking down at him. Grief plastered on his face.

Scott was a brother to him. His family. The only family he had left.

“I don’t want to go in” He whispered, keeping contact with his best friend.

Water rimmed at his eyes as his lips shook.

Without another word, Scott wrapped his arms around him.

Pulling him close in an embrace.

Inhaling deeply he buried himself into Scott’s neck. Letting the other boys scent fill him.

“I know. But he was your dad. You need to do this”

He knew Scott was right. But he didn’t want him to be.

He wanted his dad with that goofy smile of his and that terrible sense of humour.

Not him lying in a coffin. Dead.

He sat there, hesitating. Letting himself fall into Scott’s comforting arms before nodding slightly.

“Please stay” He whispered as a few tears escaped.

“I’ll always stay” Replied Scott as he helped his broken friend to his feet.

Holding him close as they walked into the room.

Keeping Stiles to his side he walked him towards the end of the church.

Sitting down beside him in the front row.

He hated this. He wish he could bring John back. John was like a father to him.

After his dad left he was the only sort of a male role model for Scott.

He glanced at Stiles. He had never seen him like this.

So broken, so valuable. The hyperactive, ADHD kid Scott knew and loved was gone.

Replaced by this broken shell, that made his heart break at the site of him.

“Dearly beloved. We are here to pay respects to possibly the greatest man I ever met” Spoke Father Abraham as he began the service.

Stiles didn’t really listen to majority of the service. He couldn’t help but stare at the coffin before him.

He pinched himself. Hoping that this was some cruel kind of a nightmare.

“Stiles”

Jumping he looked around. A few more tears escaped his hallow face.

“Uh yes, uh” He muttered pulling out the crumbled piece of paper from his pocket.

“Want me to go up” Spoke Scott carefully. Watching his friend with concern.

Shaking his head and biting his lip.

Stiles made his way towards Father Abraham. The piece of paper shaking in his palms.

Not daring to look up, Stile began to speak.

“My, My father” He stuttered, “My father was a great man. A man who inspired me to be the best I could be. He was my mom and my dad. He was the Sherriff. A man that gave his heart and soul to this town. And, and” He stuttered as the tears just escaped him.

He felt someone walk behind him, placing a hand on his shoulder.

“And he was my hero. There isn’t a moment of the day that I do not think of him and his dad jokes. His laughter that filled the halls of our home and how he managed to put up with a son like me. I love him. I will always love him because he is a part of me. He always will be. He was the man that raised me by himself. A man that raised me to be the man I am today. He talk me to walk and talk. I miss you so fucking much dad. It’s not fair”

He glanced upwards, staring with tears running down his face half expecting it to me Scott standing there.

But to his surprise he found Derek.

“Come here Stiles” He whispered, pulling the broken boy into his arms and walking him to his seat.

Not letting go of him for the rest of the service.

 __________________________________________________________________

Let me know what you think, Feedback is greatly appreciated,