I realise suddenly that we are standing in front of a tall, solid oak door that is nestled into the rock, which Cian motions at. "You'll have to see that for yourself."

Cian opens the door, careful to ensure I'm half blocked by his shoulder, looking in.

It's dark inside, hardly any light, but regardless, Cian offers me his hand, quirking a wondering brow. Instead, I grip the fabric of his jacket, wary of his bare hands, letting him lead me into the space. Surprisingly, it doesn't smell like death or stale air anymore. In fact, the air is light and breathable, the rocky ceilings higher, the tangy scent of orange and rich scent of cloves touching the air.

"Hale," Cian calls out into the shadows. "Brother, where in this dim place are you?"

"Is there any chance we can turn back?" I ask, unsure of whether I am trying to make light of the situation or if I truly mean it.

My feet suddenly hit the edge of a golden rug, causing me to stumble forward. Cian grabs my arm, pulling me back up to standing, just as an orchestra of candles are cast alight by what must be magic, giving off a vague amount of light, and what must be Cian's brother, Hale.

He lounges back in what appears to be a throne made of black rock, and with him wearing black himself, his tall figure nearly melts into the shadows with it. The candle light flickers across his near Godly face, the typical sight of immortal perfection, created by the Moon to lure unsuspecting victims into their cruel clutches. He is both everything and absolutely nothing like what I thought he would be.

"Hale, it's good to see you," Cian greets, bowing his head with respect, while I remain staring, stunned.

"What are you doing here, Cian?" He questions, his voice deep and rough, as if he hasn't spoken in years, which wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.

"We need to chat, since it's been awhile," Cian muses, trying to sound pleasant, although I can hear the dislike for his brother dripping into his words. "This is Amolet."

Hale's gaze slides to me, paralysing me to my spot. His eyes are the colour of burning silver, framed with dark, thick lashes. He bears little resemblance to Cian, being they are not brothers by blood, and admittedly, Cian is more handsome. Maybe I think that because he's my mate, or maybe it's because Hale is simply terrifying to look at, and his unique, yet perfectly symmetrical face is taking me a moment to get used to.

He stands swiftly from his throne, pulling his jacket around his slender build some more. Each deliberate step he makes down from his throne seems to be aimed at me.

"You're mortal," he murmurs, coming to stand on our level. He's as tall as Cian, looking down at me without a smile, ebony hair slightly too long, curling at the ends.

"Yes," I breathe, trying to muster up as much courage as possible. If he sees a weakness in me, he is only going to exploit it. "But recently I learnt I can strangle immortals with just my mind, so don't test me."

His full lips quirk up slightly, a prominent dimple etched into his left cheek. It compliments his raised cheek bones. My eyes linger downward, noting at the small amount of exposed skin at the top of his chest, a silvery tattoo is marked on his skin, similar to the colour of his eyes, and atop that, a small glass vial filled with a brillant blue liquid, like nothing my mortal eyes have seen before.

"Where did you find this one, brother?" Hale asks, looking now at Cian, who appears to be examining the situation unfolding between Hale and I.

Cian releases a long, slow breath. "She found me, it seems."

On instinct, I tear my gaze from his, trying not to let my cheeks flush. It wouldn't benefit me if Hale noted something was going on between us and assumed we were mates. I can't help it though, that every time I look in Cian's direction, my heart flutters in my chest.

Mercifully, Hale can't seem to be bothered to demand more information about me out of Cian. "Well then, what do you want with me?"

"I need your help."

"You've never needed my help before," Hale mutters, both sounding accusatory and apprehensive. While the two speak, I examine Hale, trying to see if I can determine any part of him to be the epitome of Sloth. He does sound awfully bored with our presence, like he can't wait for us to leave and give him some peace.

"We want to kill Stace. Sinful is going to help," Cian explains.

Hale rolls his eyes, stepping back. "I'm not helping where Sinful is involved."

"You hated nothing more than his people in our lands, threatening our people," Cian reminds him sternly, not letting him get out of this so quickly. I conceal my shock, having gone into this doubting Hale could feel anything at all past his own boredom for everything in life enough to care about his own people. "I know you want to help us."

"I was going to ask what a mortal girl has to do with this, but I suppose that question has already been answered," he muses, tapping his chin with a long finger. I shift on my feet, not wanting to explain how I came to be involved with all this to Hale.

"Do you agree to this Hale, or are we out?" Cian asks impatiently.

"Oh, I'm in," he exclaims. "But on one condition. Ira joins us."

🧡••🧡

If you guys are interested in reading more content from HIS SIN, you can find it now on Radish over ten chapters ahead!! (:

🎇••🎇

Stace now has his own story! Right now you can find it on Radish AND on Wattpad

🐼••🐼

I hope you guys enjoyed!!

Instagram: Sophie_Midika

Snapchat: Midikacrane

~Midika 💜🐼