claudia and the phantom phone calls

"DID HE ASK YOU TO THE DANCE OR NOT?", kristy asked

"he asked me if i was going and said he'd see me there, so he basically asked me we'll be there together...basically, claudia answered. 

"here's the thing a guy like Trevor Sandboure isn't gonna like show up at your door with a corsage, that's just not how things work in his circles", stacey said.

"which are what exactly?", kristy asked.

"sophisticated circles, artistic circles", stacey answered.

"are you gonna wear a costume", mary anne asked.

"i was gonna be a troll doll but for trevor i might have to be something more soigne"

"seriously", i asked rolling my eyes.

"you're gonna get all dressed up for a guy who didn't even ask you out for real", kristy said. 

"kristy i don't wanna look like a baby", claudia said. i wasn't even paying attention while kristy and claudia were "fighting".

"what about you y/n", stacey asked.

"oh high school has one and i'm going with sam", i said.

"awww i knew you guys were dating", claudia said.

"no were not, we've only known each other for a month were going as friends", i said.

"sure friends, mary anne that cute boy logan might be there the one you always stare at in the library?", stacey asked

"i don't know what you're talking about", mary anne said nervously. we all looked at each other knowing that she's lying. 

"anyway my dad won't let me go he's been spinning out lately about the phantom caller", mary anne said.

"what's that?", i asked.

"some weirdo home invader that was on the news, apparently you get these creepy anonymous phone calls then you realize the calls are coming from inside your house", mary anne said.

the phone rings. "he heard us! the phantom caller", stacey said. kristy takes the phone slowly putting it on her ear. 

"hello babysitters club".

"hold please".

"watson needs a sitter friday".

"but thats the night of the dance", claudia said.

"yeah were definitely going", stacey said.

"kristy this is like the 7th time since the club has started that your mom or watson has called in with a job you're the only who hasn't gone and you're the only one they actually want", mary anne said to kristy.

"mary anne spier will be your sitter on friday have a wonderful day", kristy said and hung up the phone.

"so does that mean your going to the halloween hop after all?, claudia asked kristy.

"i rather have head lice....again", kristy answered.

"you get head lice a lot".

"I'M SO TIRED", i said slamming my lunch on the table sitting next to sam. "i was up till 4 in the morning doing my homework". 

"damn that's unfortunate", emmet said laughing. 

i glared at him making him stop immediately.

i leaned my head on sam's shoulder closing my eyes. after what felt like one minute someone shook me awake.

"go away", i mumbled.

"lunch time is over sleeping beauty", sam said.

TIME SKIP THE NEXT DAY

"I LOVE YOUR COSTUME", pandora said with a huge smile

"thank you, yours is great too", i said. 

she was dressed up as an angel and oliver was the devil. 

the doorbell rang i went and opened it to see oliver, emmet, and sam. 

"oh hey guys", i said.

"hey", sam said smiling at me.

about 20 minutes later we all went to the dance. when we walked inside we saw people dancing, couples making out, and no teachers.

sam grabbed my hand and pulled me to the dance floor. we were laughing and dancing together. 

"i forgot to tell you how gorgeous you look", sam said causing me to blush.

"you don't look too bad yourself thomas". he was dressed as a zombie.

we all were having a great time until i got a message from stacey on the group chat.

babysitter agency.

looks like we got competition. 

a/n: hey babes sorry for the short chapter.

next chapter is y/n's.

happy reading.

i love you all.

word count: 712