whispering confessions

Start from the beginning

I interrupt "Leo, you've always been the main character." I giggle, so does he, with a big grin on his face.

"Besides 'being the main character' I want to act, I want to express myself and really have a go at it. As much as I want that life, it might not work out. If that tends to be how it ends I'll come back to New York, I'll join back into the basketball team. Life will be just how it was before."

I'm honestly speechless, So I let him carry on.

"You probably think I'm stupid...." he sighs. " my mother used to take me to acting classes as a kid, probably not what you expected from me but it happened. I recently just started going again, they said I have real talent and that I should try a few out in L.A, they figured it had more opportunities there for me than here. So I thought why not? You know, why not move. Schools almost over like you said, it's only a couple more weeks so that's what I've decided to do."

"Leo I... when are you planning on leaving?"

"In a week."

"But. But that's so soon."

"I know... but there's something else I want to ask."

He looks down at our hands and slowly intertwines them. My heart starts beating so fast and butterflies fill my stomach. I look down at our hands for a couple of seconds before returning back to his face.

"Yes, what is it?"

"I want you to come with me... will you come with me? I'm sorry if it's too much to ask, I just... Jordan I feel like you truly care about me and the affection you show me, no one else has ever treat me like you have. Your so kind and loving, your always the nicest towards people... I'm sorry if I'm getting too carried away." He nervously laughs "And I know you sorta care about school, even though you don't ever understand a word the teacher tells you." A smile spreads across my face " Listen, you don't have to... it's just something I thought about. I mean it'd be rude not to ask if you wanted to."

Holy shit! Maybe all that I said about 'not knowing what to do if he left' doesn't matter after all. I mean moving to L.A with Leo, is a pretty big thing. Like he said yeah I don't really care about school, It's my grades I care about and there's not long left of it so it wouldn't matter if I missed a few weeks. But what about Brooklyn? She's my best friend. In fact she has Tobey, He's a good guy he'll take care of her. And my mom, she'd agree. Of course she would... I mean it's a pretty big city, I could start my career as well as Leo, maybe this could work?

"Yes Leo, I'll come with you."

"Wait. Really?"

"Yep."

                                              🤎

one week later:

Tomorrow is the day me and Leo both fly out to Los Angeles. I still don't know what my job could be there. My mom didn't really mind it all to be honest. she was sort of happy I'm moving out of New York. I appreciate all she does for me, really but sometimes I just cant help but think about my dad and how much I actually really do miss him. I miss him being around. I was always a daddies little girl growing up. Well thats until him and mom got a divorce and I never seen him again after that. Being friends with Leo has made me much happier. my life before I got to know Leo wasn't the best. he's helped me a lot and I know he doesn't realise that but he really has. I don't know what I have done that night if I had lost him. I mean he self harms regularly I know that, but it really traumatised me seeing him on that bathroom floor in a pool full of blood. About school, mom didn't really care. It's over in about two weeks anyways, it's not like I want to go to a stupid graduation. Prom isn't until another month and to be honest I've waited so long for it, I've always wanted to go. Me and Brooklyn always said we'd go together. It was just going to be the two of us since we wouldn't have expected her to get a boyfriend yet! Tobey's nice anyway and I'm really happy for them, I wish them the best!