chapter 6 First exposure to the new outside world

Start from the beginning

It took me only a few minutes before I arrived at the main market and I realized just how different this world is. Though the market works no differently than it works in my world, some of the things that they sell can not be found. They sell food that I have never heard of, objects that I have no idea what they are for and some sell things that would be very expensive back home like diamonds and fur from exotic animals that you would only find at a black market. I did not find the auction house until 20 minutes later and once I did I noticed how large and luxurious the building is from everything else here. It is like when you find a gemstone among common rocks.

I walk in and I am met with a beautiful female employee who greets me with a professional business smile and I am not the only one. Every customer is greeted the same way by different employers all looking very professional and pleasing to the eye.

'It seems like they only choose beautiful employers to greet people and 95% of them are female. Talk about discrimination.'

"What can I do for you?" The woman asks me politely.

"I would like to sell some things that my master gave me." I answered and she smiled at me and said: " I am sorry miss but all our appraisal masters are busy at the moment, but I can show you to the waiting room if you want. I don't know when someone will be free as they have customers who come before you or you can come early in the morning tomorrow." She explains, she clearly doesn't see me as anyone who can be worthwhile. But that is to be respected as I am dressed as a maid with the lowest rank.

" I will wait," I answer and she shows me to the waiting room who has seven other people that are also waiting in line. I decided to sit in the most secluded area and take this opportunity to cultivate a little.

(Third pov)

20 minutes later the vice president of the silver tiger walks towards the VIP area or rather the second office where he always meets the owner of the auction house Zhen Qi who is the third child of the Zhen family's clan leader Zhen Hou. Zhen Qi might only be the third and youngest child of the clan leader but he is also known to be the slyest and most quick-witted of them all. And thus he was given about 40% of all important businesses of the Zhen family at the age of 14 the silver tiger is only one of them. This is the person that the vice president Gu Gouang was meeting. He is always a little one edge when he is meeting his boss as something always happens when he visits the auction house in person. If it was good or bad always remains to be seen. He reluctantly opens the door and sees the expected person sitting behind the blue rosewood desk and on a matching chair.

The young man who is 19 years old is very handsome and pretty much looks like a deity.

He is wearing the classic silver-colored hanfu with black details that only someone from the Zhen family is allowed to wear, not even the in-laws are allowed to wear them. Another characteristic that gives away his lineage is his silver eyes and pale white skin. His short hair is a light shade of blue with silver highlights in them. Zhen Qi is the only one with blue hair while the others have black, gray, or white hair and thus he is easily recognizable even among strangers.

" I greet you, young master Zhen Qi." Gu Gouang says with courtesy.

" Gu Gou, I told you that I don't like you calling me young master, call me president instead." Zhen Qi says with a mischievous smile. 'Well I don't like being called Gu Gou it sounds like something a baby would say.' Gu Gouang thinks but would not dare say out loud. "My apologies, but why are you here today president?"

He asks while hiding his nervousness. "Well, why can't I be here? I am the owner of this place after all." He asks back.

"No, of course, you are most welcome here. It is just you don't usually come with no intention in mind. Could it be that something is not running smoothly here? I don't know what the problem is." Gu Gouang asks.