LXXXI - The Other Side of A Coin

Start from the beginning

Billard looked at her with an irritated face as she cowered back and hesitantly said, "It-it will not take much of your time."

It was written all over Zenith's face that she was scared of him and a bit confused. He must have shown her a face which she had never seen. Billard had never acted carelessly in front of Zenith and Seraphina. He had always restrained himself as they didn't know the harsh side of him. Behind the mask of a gentle Prince, he was none other than a killer, extremist and a person whom Zenith would fear forever.

After all, Demian wasn't the only one with his darkness...

****

Seraphina looked between The Crown Prince and Zenith as it seemed, Zenith was frowning at him and Billard had a face, Seraphina had never witnessed it before.

He had always been a gentle person opposite of Demian however, today something seemed off with him. Seraphina felt a pair of evil eyes on her and she was uncomfortable all the time.

And now that she saw Billard, her hair stood straight on her skin. He had the golden cold gazes of a predator and his face was carved as a merciless person. The face resemble someone very familiar.

Demian...

She averted her gaze and looked at her hands and found her hands were shaking. She clenched tightly on her spoons and silently put a piece in her mouth.

She sneaked at them and saw Billard suddenly changed his face and smiled gently at Zenith and took his seat.

"I'm sorry. I should just eat now." He said as Zenith nodded but her frown was permanent. Seraphina could get that she never had seen this side of her husband as she was a bit taken away by it.

On the other hand, Seraphina had always seen Demian's dark side and no matter how much it scared her sometimes, she was accustomed to it.

It seemed this darkness ran deeper in the Salamander family's blood. Although Billard had mastered to cover it well, Demian showed it with pride. But somehow she felt, the brothers were the same when it came to cruelty. Billard was just the other side of the coin.

Zenith went quiet after that and Billard tried his best not to startle her again and he tried to begin a conversation with her.

Zenith engaged in it as well but she was being cautious of her words.

Seraphina finished her breakfast as Billard asked, "How are things going on with Demian?"

She nodded and said, "Y-yes... Everything is fine."

Billard nodded but his golden eyes had a deeper meaning behind it which Seraphina was unable to decipher. His eyes were sharp and it seemed he was thinking something but now was the time for them to go back to their work which left Seraphina to go to her room and ponder over her decisions.

"I hope these days will be good." He said while leaving and it rang strangely in Seraphina's ears.

What did he mean by that?

*****

"Come in." Master Valentine said as the person entered.

It was Reginald. His eyes were as cold as ever like the first time he had seen him in Gorouland. He still remembered the dead fish eyes of a seven years old kid.

He was tasked to save the villagers as there were many reports on missing peoples and occasionally finding human parts in the east lands. He was suspicious of the people of all the villagers but when he had arrived at Gorouland, he felt the blood hunger of all the people.