Chapter Two: New Starts

Start from the beginning

"Where are Dora and Teddy?" She asked, wanting to reassure herself that they were indeed alive.

"Misses Dora and wee Teddy are in the parlor; shall Winky prepare supper?" Winky looked up at her with her big brown eyes.

"Yes, thank you Winky." She nodded at the elf watching as her little helper vanished to the kitchens. She started walking towards the parlor at the back of the house. It looked over the garden; a pleasant view when they ate breakfast just outside the patio doors.

She walked through the hallway, looking out as the sun fell down and the candlelight began to light her way. She got to the open door to see Dora seated on the floor waving her wand about and creating bubbles. Little Teddy sat in her lap clapping his hands as his hair changed colours in his excitement. She smiled at the scene. This is what she was what she had fought for.

Yet, they seemed so distant. It wasn't just the distance in the room, but it felt like a different matter internally. She stepped closer wanting to distance herself from this feeling, wanting to be in their company.

"Dora?" She practically whispered into the air. But it didn't matter the volume of her voice, Dora turned her head a slight smile on her lips.

"Callie?" Her dark purple eyes widened at the sight of her. "What happened?" In a fluid movement she picked up Teddy and got off the carpet. She couldn't take all her feelings anymore and rushed towards her. Dora's arms opened automatically, as if by motherly instinct. She flung herself into the hug, with the only family left to her. They stayed like that for a while as she let her tears flow. She turned her head to look at Teddy, to find his hair turn blue as he noticed her tears. She leaned towards his forehead and dotted it with kisses. He began to giggle and Dora let her take him into her arms. She hugged the little boy with all her might. Unable to tear herself away from him and what he represented.

"It's over," She looked up at Dora, who still looked slightly puzzled. "It's really over. For good this time." Dora's eyes widened her hair flashing through an array of colours. "He's never coming back."

"Oh Callie!" Dora squealed, her hands flashing up to her mouth. "I'm going to be angry with you later for not telling me, but right now we're going to celebrate!" Dora smiled and hugged them both. "This calls for Firewhisky, not for my Teddy though," Dora untangled her arms from them. "This little guy is going to get a million kisses and maybe even some tickles!" Dora winked at her son tapping him on the nose.

"Winky's taking care of dinner, I'm sure she'll provide alcohol for us once we've eaten." She smiled at Dora's happiness.

"Oh, this is wonderful!" Dora span in a circle her hands thrown in the air, before crashing into the sofa and falling onto it laughing.

"Yes, it is." She smiled at her.

"We must dance to celebrate!" Dora yelled. "Winky!"

"You is calling Winky, Madam?" Winky popped in.

"Lily's record player that's in the ballroom, can you bring it to us?" Dora clapped her hands together.

"Of course," Winky popped away and then came back, the record player appearing on the table that Dora had pushed to the side so she could have access to the floor to play with Teddy.

"Thank you Winky." She smiled at the elf as Dora sprang up to start the music.

"You're most welcome Mistress." Winky replied. "Is there anything else Winky be doing?"

"Well you can have tomorrow off." She smiled at Winky as the elf's eyes widened.

"Winky would like to be asking a question." Winky shuffled her feet.