Chapter Two: New Starts

Start from the beginning

"The pre-planned party at Longbottom manor that Lisa was telling everyone about?" She asked, her question more rhetorical than anything else since she already knew the answer.

"Of course," Padma gave her a deadpan expression. "I plan to drink so much Firewhisky that I'll finally get enough sleep, hopefully not enough you'll find me in Egypt though, unlike last time."

"I look forward to it." She rolled her eyes, noticing at the edge of her vision the blonde they talked of earlier coming towards them.

"Calla! The nargles told me you needed my help?" Luna's silvery blue eyes looked up at her, her face was covered in soot for some reason making them stand out more than ever. And it looked like part of her wavy blonde hair was singed and her right sleeve was torn off but it didn't look like spell work had done it. "Oh this?" Calla's eyes were drawn to Luna's face as the younger girl pointed at her sleeve. "Dean pulled me away from a killing curse, unfortunately he ripped my sleeve in the process."

"Oh, well I'm glad you're okay." She blinked slightly taken aback, even though she should be used to her after all these years.

"Callie needs your help Luna, she wants to leave without being noticed." Padma smirked, her hair lightly blowing in the breeze.

"Simple, there are a lot of nargles around after all." Luna beamed at them before skipping off towards where most of the people were standing.

"I'll find you first when I get to Neville's, just to make sure you're not completely wasted by the time I arrive." She laughed remembering her seventieth and how Padma had been found sleeping in Lisa's bathtub two hours into the party.

She was definitely a lightweight. Especially when it came to Ogden's Old Firewhisky.

"You'd better!" Padma pointed a finger at her, her chocolate brown eyes narrowed. She smiled in response unable to help herself. "Oh Callie!" Her friend waved her arms in the air giving up her stern façade and pouncing on her squeezing her arms around her in a hug. She wrapped her own arms around her friend happy for the comfort. After a minute or so they let each other go with tears in both of their eyes.

"Get some sleep tonight." She bit her lip in worriment; after all they hadn't had a good night's sleep in a while.

"You too! And you'd better not lie to me about it 'cause I'll just ask Tonks!" Padma's face fell to an anxious look as she looked at the dark bags underneath Calla's eyes.

"What would I do without you?" She asked sarcastically.

"You'd never have survived without me Potter!"

"Yeah, yeah..." She rolled her eyes at her friend's dramatics, glad that something's hadn't changed. There was suddenly a loud noise that sounded like an explosion from the other side of town drawing everyone's attention. The two girls grinned at the familiar noise, taking it as Luna's distraction.

"Give Teddy a kiss for me?" Padma's eyes lit up and her own lips tugged upwards at the thought of her godson.

"Of course. Bye Paddy!" She gave her friend a gentle wave and smile before she closed her eyes and twirled on her feet imagining the Potter cottage grounds. The familiar feeling of being sucked through a straw gripped her until it let her go and colour once again was visible.

She looked up at her ancestral home, letting the smile on her face fall off as she found herself alone. She staggered into the house, the door opening when it recognized her magic and blood. The weight of everything she'd been through these last couple of years was finally catching up with her.

"Winky?" She leaned against the wall, her hands clutching her staff to her chest.

"You is calling Mistress?" The house elf appeared in front of her.