The Time Jerker (6)

"Good morning, Maebel!"

Schwoz's voice boomed in my ear. I jumped from my spot on my bed with a groan. I woke with a blur, a slight feeling of Deja Vu washing over me as if I had already witnessed the moment. Schwoz stood next to my bed with a huge grin. My eyes fell upon his outfit; a bright pink tutu with tights.

"Schwoz," I grumbled, "What are you wearing?"

"I was practicing my ballet,"

I rolled my eyes, "Were you watching me sleep?"

Schwoz's face fell, "No, no, I came to wake you up so you can go to school,"

I blinked up at him.

He blinked back, "What are you doing? Get up, you have to get dressed, come on!"

"Okay!" I threw the covers off of myself, "I'm up!"

I moped around the school hallway with Charlotte. My eyes were droopy from the surprise awakening I had with Schwoz earlier.

"Hey, Henry!" Charlotte beamed, "How goes it?"

"Awful," Henry groaned, "It goes awful,"

Henry unlocked his locker and opened it.

"What's the matter?" I cocked an eyebrow.

"Well," he pursed his lips, "First, Ray woke me up three minutes early, and then I was attacked by hornets, and then Piper caked me and got it on video,"

Charlotte and I snorted.

"Yeah, we know," she giggled.

Henry's face fell, "You guys watched it?"

"Just once," Charlotte defended.

"Or thirty times, I'm not sure," I blinked.

"Nice," Henry rolled his eyes, "Real nice,"

Jasper walked by holding a big tower of toothpicks, waving it in our faces. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Oh!" Charlotte interrupted, "Will one of you take notes for me in class? I got to go to my big interview,"

"For what?" Henry asked.

Charlotte held out a piece of paper, "The Language, Information, and Math Program,"

Henry nodded, "Oh, yeah. LIMP,"

Charlotte huffed, "It's not called LIMP,"

Henry took the paper from her hand and pointed to the letters.

"L-I-M-P," he paused, "LIMP,"

Charlotte yanked back the paper, "That's just an unfortunate acronym,"

Again, Jasper walked by, candidly presenting his toothpicks.

Henry turned to him, "What, Jasper?"

"Oh, hey," Jasper faced us, "I didn't see you guys here,"

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, you did,"

"And clearly you want us to ask you about whatever that is," Charlotte said.

Jasper scoffed, "No, I don't,"

I blinked at him.

"I built it myself. It's a perfect scale model of the Nakatomi Tower made entirely out of toothpicks. It took me three months,"

"Why would you do that?" Henry questioned.

"For my art class," Jasper informed, "My semester project-"