Chapter 1 - Nightmare

"Goodnight Stacy" 

"Goodnight Taylor, sleep tight." I just gave a slight nod and headed into my room to get some shut eye. I was exhausted from my walk around town, asking people if they knew any open jobs that accepted 17 year olds. Getting into my bed felt amazing. I loved sleeping, it was the only part of the day that allowed me to escape the world. I hated my life. My parents and siblings died in a car crash when I was 5 years old. Now, I live with my adopted mom and dad. They're not very nice, but they're the only relatives that I have left, at least I think so. I'm not really social and I like to be independent. Sigh, I took a deep breath before closing my eyes. I needed to rest. I didn't want to remember my parent's death. I wanted to dream about yummy food and with that I fell asleep.

Nightmare;

There I was, standing there, looking at the dark road that causes me to flinch and shake. I began to scream for help. I felt like I was suffocating. I couldn't breathe, couldn't talk, couldn't even stand up anymore. My body felt weak. What was happening to me? Am I dead? Is this a dream? Once again, I tried to scream with all my might. Nothing came out. The only thing surrounding me that I could hear was the wind and a sound of silence. I was afraid. I wanted to wake up, but why couldn't I? I tried to be brave and slowly walked down the dark road. Taking small, steady steps I suddenly saw a bright yellow light approach me. "What.. What's that?" Omg, maybe I can get help. I though, maybe that's my way out. I ran towards the light, not trying to fall down. The car all of a sudden flipped over causing me to stumble backward. I fell on the ground with a thud. "Ouch! What the heck?" I slowly got up. I approached the car, only to see if the people were fine. 

"He-llo? Is anyone there?" No one answered me, so I panicked and ran towards it. I quickly ran towards the passenger seat. I saw a woman, she looked so young maybe in her 30s. I quickly went to check on her pulse. Nothing. I started to panic and tried pulling her out. Once I got her out, I quickly ran to the drivers side. This time, I saw a man. He also looked fairly young, maybe in his 30s also. I checked his pulse. Once again, nothing. I pulled him out and ran to the back to see if anyone was there. What surprised me was, there were two little boys and a girl. They all looked so young. I rushed to the two little boys side and quickly pulled them out. Both of them were dead. I then ran to the other side to receive the little girl. After pulling her out, I checked her pulse to see if she was dead. She was ALIVE! I quickly held her in my arms and screamed for help. I screamed and screamed until my throught started to burn with pain. I looked at the poor girl in my arms. She looked so young. Tears strolled down my cheeks, just thinking about how sad she'd be when she finds out that her family is dead. I wiped away my tears quickly when I heard a rustle somewhere in the darkness. I held the girl closer to me. Whoever was coming, I was not going to let them take her away from me. 

"STOP IT RIGHT THERE! Who's there, who are you? COME OUT NOW!" I was afraid. My voice was shaking, as well as my body. What if I can't protect her? I began to shake even more. I was way too weak and scared to protect her anyway. "Sorry, I'm not going to hurt you. I'm here to help you. Take my hand and I'll lead you out of here. Please, you have to trust me." It was a male and boy did his voice sound sexy. I hesistantly took his hand and he gently pulled me to him. Due to the light of the moon, I could see his face. He was beyond gorgeous. The most handsome, sexy man I've ever seen in my entire life. "Wow, aren't you cute." He smirked and wiped over the left over tears that must've fallen when I was shaking from fear. "I know I am sweetheart, now i need you to close your eyes. You need to get out of here. You're not safe here. You may be dreaming right now, but trust me. You're not safe, not one bit." I bit my lip. Could I trust this guy? I mean he's gorgeous, but he's a stranger! I nodded and slowly closed my eyes.