~Chapter Two~

Heyyy everyone !! Sorry that i basically forgot about yall! my app wasn't working for a solid two weeks and lot has happened!!! Here is a run down of the past month!

-found out that my ex bf cheated on me while we were dating a year ago with one of my good friends
-i had a crush on this boy, and i finally told him i liked him, he said he liked me too and we have been dating for about a two months:)

-i have been making new friends at work and hanging out with them whenever we are all free 💖
- we are all planning on quitting our current job after the summer because of the drama occurring. We hope to all get a job at a similar place and continue to work together

The following morning, just as the sun was breaking through the night sky, Opal was awake. Her hair pulled back into a braid that hung loosely down her back. She sighed heavily as she stared at herself in the broken mirror. They couldn't afford a new one yet, so she only saw a few bits and pieces of her actual reflection.

Hoping she looked okay, she grabbed her bag and headed outside and into the busy streets of Asgard. Almost instantly she was swept up my the crowds heading towards the market. Mother's were out wrangling their rambunctious children all while carrying a heavy basket, money purse, and anything else they had with them. Fathers were also out and about, going to their jobs or settling debts at the Banker Stand. Some walked away with relief while others had despair written across their faces. Opal knew the last expression all too well.

After sneaking a few apples from a local market stand, she stealthy returned home and closed the rickety wooden door behind her. The bag in her hands held tightly in her fist as she turned around. For she fully expected to see her mother lying on the living room couch, sickly and white.

"Hello mother-" she stopped dead in her tracks....

She wasn't on the couch, she was on the floor, doing nothing. Not even her chest was moving.

"MOM??!"