Chapter 5: Who...am I...?

Começar do início

Looks like Alex caught on to what was going through Emma's head and noticed her struggle. So, being the kind old man that he was, offered Emma something she was truly great for.

"Well, you're not hurt. I'm glad you're okay. There are no villages nearby, and we don't have a signal up here. I can't call for help until spring. I can offer you food and a place to sleep. You'll remember eventually. No need to rush." he says softly.

"Thank you..." Emma whispered in a voice full of gratitude. 

~ONE MONTH LATER~

Emma POV

A small smile slides away and turns into a frown as Mr.Alex asks me, "Have you regained any of your memories?". He was standing and patiently awaiting my answer when I said, "...No... sorry...".

I hold the pendent which was hanging on my neck freely. This is the only thing I've got for now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

M̶u̶j̶i̶k̶a̶

"Emma"

M̶a̶m̶a̶

"Emma"

Y̶u̶u̶g̶o̶ ̶L̶u̶c̶a̶s̶

"Emma"

Y̶/̶N̶,̶ ̶D̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶G̶i̶l̶d̶a̶

"Emma"

A̶n̶n̶a̶,̶ ̶N̶a̶t̶

"Emma"

O̶l̶i̶v̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶V̶i̶o̶l̶e̶t̶,̶ ̶N̶i̶g̶e̶l̶

"Emma"

R̶a̶y̶,̶ ̶N̶o̶r̶m̶a̶n̶

"Emma"

Would you please tell me who all of you are? Is Emma the one you're looking for? Who is she? However, all of this feels very good... Such a warm feeling... Such a warm place... Could this... possibly be...heaven? Wow... how nice...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Huff huff * *huff * *huff huff *

Once again... It's that dream.

My main room is where I go after waking up. It doesn't appear that Mr.Alex is there...

My voice is a call to him, "Sir?" I reply. However, there was no response. I spend some time searching for him within the small cottage, and after all of the searching, I return to the main room, just to see him standing outside.

The clothes I'm wearing aren't suitable for outdoor weather right now, so I put on the coat hanging by the door as soon as possible. As soon as I wore it, I go to meet Mr.Alex and  I might be able to lend him a hand with the wood. I can't let him do all of the work.

W-what is all of this?  I question myself looking at the several houses that are broken down.

G-Graves?

"They are my family." He says.

What? His family...?

"My family, my friends... my home... I've lost all of them. In a stupid war. I alone was left behind, alive."

I didn't know what to say or how to say anything...

"That must hurt..."

"Yes, it does..." The man says.

"But although they're dead, they're still my family. And this buried village is still my hometown. As long as I stay here and remember them, I can be with my family and friends. I wish I could search for your family too. If they were alive you'd want to meet them, right?" He says.

"I don't know... since I don't remember anything. Even though I try, my mind is like snow. Pure white and blank. But... when I look at this necklace, I feel something. The morning after I have that dream, I feel sadness. Even though I don't remember anything. Even though I don't know the people. Even though I forget them once I wake up. I feel the warmth. I long for them."

I pause for a second. I can feel tears flowing from my eyes.

"And without understanding why, It makes me cry."

Following a short break, we return. As I was crying, the man beside me reassured me that everything would be alright and that my memories would also return.

However, I know for sure... I won't be able to regain my memories or remember who I was before. But despite all of that, I'm beginning to think that it's okay. 

With my new name, new self, I'll live today and seek out tomorrow.

____________________________________________________________________

How long was I gone? For a long time for sure-

So like- I had exams, then we had to wait for results while doing some projects. I still didn't complete my sci record- I gotta submit it tomorrow. The next chapter is almost done. I'll post it anytime soon.

If there are any problems, make sure to point them out. That helps a lot.

That's it for this chapter. Have a nice day/night.