chap 2

-makin' my way downtown, chilling out, trying to maintain sanity

'Ring the bell when you need help' he once said.
I wish I still have it. Come to think of it, does this dress even have a pocket? Usually, there's one that has a pocket and the others don't have one. At least in a more not-so-flowy dress. I checked the sides of this thing, then I heard faint ringing.

'Lucky'
So there is a pocket here...somewhere...
As my fingers pat the silky dress, the ringing got louder, and eventually, I can feel the texture of the bell. It looks like it's on the right side of the dress, now just need to find the opening. I kept searching, but I can't seem to find it. Well, in case this happens...

I took a nearby fork and used the fork's edge to rip the dress that kept the bell. Of course, without damaging most of it, I can just stitch it back if I know where to buy the utensils.
But anyway, since no one is witnessing me and while the very focused prince continues reading, I went under the table to hide. I rang the bell once, nothing happened, twice... Then the third, if this still doesn't work, I'll throw this trash away.

*pop!*

"Aye! Your behavior still hasn't changed, child! I'm busy right now!"

"Oh, old man! I need your help now actually"

It looks like he's looking at the surrounding. He sighed

"Why are we under a table? Is there a dragon attack or something?"

"Nah, that joke's an old school."

"But this takes place in a historical story though?" I scratch my head, this guy doesn't know how to take a joke. And yes, dragons do exist.

"Anyways, about the help..."

"Are you not curious about what I look like right now?"

"No" we're not going to talk about why gramps took the form of the princely boy, definitely not.  

"I agree, we're taking too much time here, what can I assist you with?"

"can you summon a bunch of cats here?"

"Hmph, of course! Don't underestimate the power of a deity!" with a flick of a finger, a flood of cats appeared. The crowd that was busy chattering, starts panicking. I took a peek outside and it was a disastrous view of people running, even the prince and the woman. At that I thought 'have they never seen a cat before?' 

"I did say 'a bunch of cats'....but whatever!" I touched a nearby cat 

<you've unlocked an achievement!>

<Achievement 'I am a Cat' has been obtained! 

Would you like to activate this achievement?>
There was a yes and no button underneath it, without hesitation, I pressed 'yes'

<I am a Cat has been activated!
Time limit of use: 30 minutes>

So, I didn't change into a cat, but I look like one in other people's eyes. Crap, that sounds so cool. I feel like I just stumbled upon a 4 leaf clover! I-I mean...getting reincarnated in a fantasy world and stuff...I mean, some people might not like it though. Anyway, since it's a little quiet now, I can escape!

I went out from under the table, looking at my surrounding. People left one by one till there was none. But that doesn't mean all of the guests left. Guards were slaying the cats, stabbing and piercing their swords. I can't believe such inhumanity exists. Well, let's not mind about the cats, now I just need to get out of here before I also become one of the dead cats.

"It's okay, have faith in yourself" gramps comfort me. That's sweet, but absolutely not helping. Can't help but smile in discomfort.

"I know" I replied nonchalantly. This time, it's either facing death or avoid death the second time. I first follow a group of cats that were running aimlessly, the sound of my footsteps are unheard of to them which is a good thing. Then I hid behind the corpses piled up by the guards (I shall avenge you neko minnas!) Although it's short, I am a cat now, so they're probably my size.

"You're good at sneaking like a rat"

"At least be a little more concern will ya!?" I mean, I never want this from the start. If only the world I'm living in were a little bit more comfortable. No, in the first place, why a noble who is hated? I feel like life wants me to suffer.

I took a deep inhale, also praying to the gods so that they won't notice my existence. I tip-toed through and finally went out with no scratches. I swept the cold sweat leaking from my nervous body. Today, it was simply because of my survival instincts, but the second time the same thing happens, I think I'll die, no doubt.

"Oh, thank you dear protector of the buddhas"
I clasp my hands together, looking towards the sky, and close my eyes in tears. The people were still roaming around while shooing the cats with their umbrellas (mostly the ladies). Then I see a spectacular sight of a man literally slaying the poor innocent cats that approaches him, making the cats cautious and avoid him (ok, this is getting out of hand)

"Gramps"

"What is your malicious brain thinking?"

"Hand me my death note"

There was no response, so I assume he left. Damn that useless guy. Well, whatever, now to think how I can avenge the poor cats

"If you're wondering about the cats, it's okay, they can regrow parts of their bodies"

"Thought you left"

.....
Now he really left. Well, he did say he will watch over me or something similar. Let's not mind about that, now the problem is... Where do I go now?

<'I am a Cat' will inactivate in 50 seconds>

Shoot! now's not the time to worry about where I go, nobody cares if the bad guy who started this in the first place gets lost. The parents of this person didn't even care about her well-being!

Now that I think about it, aren't I actually a golden spoon now? Especially this looks like in that royalty movies. If that's the case, shall I find my carriage? But sad that there's no internet. I'll die before even having a will to live. Okay, let's just have a will to live stronger than the internet. Also, I want to go to the toilet.

"Anyone! Have you seen miss Kayla?"

"KAYLA-SSI!?"

"Unnie!?" 

Oh, there's my so-called companions! It seems like they've been worried about Kayla, That is 100% not me because I'm someone who doesn't know how this place works so please don't worry about me. I snuck into a very gorgeous and fancy-looking carriage, from the memories, it's definitely hers. sitting on the soft bench while resting my head against the walls, I peeked through the window of the carriage. Finally...

<'I am a Cat' has reached its time limit!>

<Skill will be Inactive and can be used after 30 Mins>

<your physical body will be strained in a small amount after using a skill>

I look at the floating screen for a moment before closing my eyes. I was tired, tired of the event that occurred. Who doesn't? Imagine just arriving and then started with a catastrophe. In the beginning, if it wasn't for me dying, you wouldn't have to read this no-

who am I talking to?

Um...can you read me?

Please tell me you do...

"OK"

I wouldn't have to do all that just to avoid marriage problems. Why this body? The body that feels obsession, abuse, ignorance, enemies, and all that stuff? This feels so frustrating! If I have the chance to pick which world I want to be reincarnated to, I'll gladly choose something more simple. Uhh, but well...what happens already happened, already happened.

Now let me sleep.