29. 𝙬𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙪𝙥 𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙨

Start from the beginning

I felt some weird vibe about Rebekah. She wasn't acting like herself. So I had to figure it out.

──────༺♡༻──────

I drove over to mystic falls high school. Everyone should be there. There was a dance so that meant preparing for it. I don't get how these people still made time for actual school activities.

When I walk into the gym I see a bunch of students decorating. I then spot Elena and Caroline. Not very useful but they might know something.

I walk over to them and they both look over to me.

"Hey Val!" Caroline says with a smile on her face.

"Hey Care" I smile back at her then I turn to Elena.

"Thanks for saving Jeremy from Kol the other day" Elena says and I give her a little nod not wanting to say any sarcastic remarks. It was better to just ignore the girl.

Honestly she was trying too hard to be my friend. But after all she has done. I just couldn't even pretend to like her.

"Will you be here at the dance tonight?" Caroline asks me, breaking the tension between me and Elena. 

"Rebekah is forcing me to. I don't even think I'm allowed here. I haven't been in this place in ages." I say looking around at the decorations. "By the way, where is she anyway?"

"I didn't know she said she would be here. I mean she planned the whole thing" Caroline replies. That seemed pretty weird to me. Rebekah was determined about this dance.

"We were just talking about dates, are you bringing Kol?" Caroline snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Yes" I replied, feeling Elena's eyes on me. The girl was just not okay with the fact I was with Kol.

"What's the deal with you two anyways. Were you like married and then Klaus daggered him or..." Elena begins to question me. I honestly didn't mind Caroline asking me. She was my friend and we talked about stuff like this. But Elena was different.

"Not that it's any of your business Elena but no we're not married, we were engaged but he got into some mess and Klaus daggered him. Now any more questions" I look at her then to Caroline. Both stayed quiet and looked at each other.

"Great now if you excuse me I have to go" I walk out of the high school regretting my decision to even go there. I knew everyone was going to be useless. So I just decided to go back home and get ready.

Whatever was going on was bad and I needed to be ready for tonight.

──────༺♡༻──────

I'm in my room at the Mikaelson Mansion getting ready when I hear someone knocking. Before I could say anything Kol burst in.

"Are you ready you've been in here for decades" Kol exaggerates walking over to one of the pillars around my bed and leaning on it.

"You're so dramatic" I say getting up from my vanity as I'm putting on some earrings.

"Okay ready" I walk to him putting my shoes on and he just stares at me.