"I just want to talk, that's all."

The first thing that popped into your head as you panicked now was that Sebastian would be mad. He'd be so angry. He'd offered to pay for your locks to be changed and you'd told him it was sorted. That it had already been done, so you knew he could sleep at night.

It was nearly eight months since you'd ended things with Mike and it all came rushing back to you.

"Mike." You say, voice cautious. "Are you drunk?"

You already know the answer. If the wood wasn't in the way you would smell it on him. See it in the sweat on his forehead and the red in his cheeks.

"Yeah, come out so I can talk to you." And before he says it you know the next three words. They're always said and they always get you. "I miss you."

And your hand is on the lock, fingers shaking against the metal.

"We were good, weren't we." His voice is low now, soft like he sometimes could be.

"I'll come out." You say.

You regret it in an instant. As soon as you see his eyes. The red to them. The rage. As soon as you see the shine to his skin and the tiny curls of hair sticking to the sweat. You wish you'd stayed inside.

When you go to push the door closed again his foot meets the wood with such a force you stumble backwards onto the floor.

The room is blurry suddenly, your eyes stinging with tears. There's a throbbing to your nose and when you blink it hurts.

You bring a hand up the warmth that dribbles towards your lips. And it's red.

Mike just looks at you, his mouth wide and his face still. He has nothing to say. As if all of his threats finally caught up with him and he sees what they finally meant.

"Y/N?!"

It's when you hear his voice that you cry, that you could let go of everything you held in.

When he comes to a stop behind Mike his face drops and before you can focus on him he's beside you. Sebastian pulls you up to stand, slowly. One hand on your hip, guiding you straight.

Your head spins.

"Come on."

When you get to the door he stops by Mike, and you can feel his fingers digging into your skin. Holding onto you a little tighter and you're not sure if that's to reassure you or to stop himself from throwing a fist.

"Wait there."

When you're out of the apartment he cups your face to look at you, studying your nose. Nostrils flaring and his jaw locked tight before he disappears back inside without saying a word. 

You can't hear anything but your breaths as you finally manage to catch them again, but they're quick and loud. 

When Sebastian comes back out his face is still just as firm as his fingers fiddle with a bag of frozen peas and a towel. 

"Let's get you out of here."

*
Jeff had rushed around the two of you even though the apartment was full of guests. He would have sent them all away in an instant at the sight of you, panicking as he grabbed everything you needed. Hitting at people's arms if they stood in the way.