5

Tsukishima stares at me for what seems like forever. Every passing second, I feel my face heat up in embarrassment. Suddenly a smirk covers his face. He crouches back down and looks up at me. "And what if I do, king? What if it's true that I'm in love with you? What are you going to do about it?" I glare at him. "God, you're so cocky. And to think I was nervous." I shake my head. "What did you expect me to say, your highness? Was a poor commoner, like myself, not up to your expectations?" I sigh. "Sadly." He looks surprised that I agreed. "I honestly thought you'd disagree, so I could move on from thinking you like me." Tsukishima looks away from me. I notice his ears turn a blush pink color. "You never answered my question." He says, playing with a flower that hasn't been planted yet. "I did. I just told you??" Tsukishima shakes his head. "The 3 that I asked you after you exposed me." He laughs. Oh...those. I fidget with my fingers before deciding to sit down next to him, leaving a decent amount of space for us. "I-if what I heard was true...and you did like me..." I pause. Wow, I'm really going to say this out loud. I'm going to actually say I like Tsukishima out loud. No more hiding it...i guess. "I'd tell you I feel the same way. I also...maybe...might be in love with you."

   I don't know if it was the light and flowers behind Tsukishima or just my imagination, but when he turns his head towards me...eyes wide with surprise, face a light shade of pink, with the perfect amount of sunlight on him and a beautiful scenery behind him...I fell in love with him...right there...all over again.

   He opens his mouth getting ready to say something but his face just turns a deeper shade of pink. He turns away, hands over his face. "A-and...what are you going t-to do about it?" Tsukishima whispers. I smile to myself. "I don't know...what do you want me to do?" I was teasing him. I wanted to see him become more flustered and stutter more. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity. Tsukishima Kei becoming flustered...because of ME!! "Y-you know...What people normally do w-when they confess." I laugh. "You want me to ask you out? To be my boyfriend?" He nods, still not looking at me. "Well, Kei Tsukishima. Will you be my boyfriend?" I smile to myself. "Yeah, s-sure. Anything for the K-king, I guess." The second he says that, Kiyoko yells, "THE TSUKIKAGE SHIP HAS SAILED!!!" Tsukishima and I looked over to her surprised. "Ah..when did you guys get here? And what is Tsukikage?" Her smile widens. "It's your ship name!! Like Yachi and I have Kiyoyachi." I raise an eyebrow. "D-" "Is this what you were planning? When you asked to come with me, were you just trying to make us get together?" Tsukishima interrupts. Yachi laughs nervously. "Sort of?" Shoyo walks up to me. "I think you guys should have gotten together. Even before we graduated. You've been treating your feelings as if they were a plague." He crosses his arms. "And Tsukishima just didn't know how to give up. Otherwise, he'd already be in a relationship with someone else." "Tch. I never even told you about who I liked, how'd you even know?" Shoyo retreats towards the stairs, not wanting to spill his secret. "Well, me and the beanpole go out now...so thanks guys...I guess." They smile. "We just wanted you to be happy...and Tsukishima too...i guess." Shoyo says. "I have to go." Tsukishima suddenly says, while typing on his phone. He was standing up now. "Why?" I ask, my brows furrowed. He looks up at me and gives me a smirk. "Is the king sad? Does he want me to stay?" I blush. "S-shut up! I don't care anyways." He laughs. "I've got practice. We have a game Monday." Oh...yeah. I forgot he still plays volleyball. "Oh, ok. Well, cya." He stands there for a second and just stares at me. "What?" I frown. He bends down a bit and kisses my cheek. My face instantly turns into a tomato. "Cute." He says then walks down stairs. "W-what was t-that for?" "Text me when you get home." Tsukishima says and continues to walk. "I-... yea ok." I watch him as he walks out the door. "Oh snap!! We have to go too!!" Yachi says. "Hmm? Why?" Sho asks. "He drove us." Kiyoko replies. We exchange good-byes and they leave.

"What are we going to do now?" Sho asks me as I finish planting. "Work." He pouts at my reply. "But I wanna do something!!" I roll my eyes. "You could've stayed at home and did something. You decided to come with me." "Mainly because I knew Kiyo and Yachi were coming today. We just wanted you both to kiss and become a couple!!" I blush. "B-boke." I say, unable to give a smart remark. "Ahahahaha!! You and beanpole get to swoon over each other now!! I'm soo making fun of you from now on!!" My face turns a deeper shade of red. "S-shut up!!"  He doesn't. He keeps laughing and making fun of me throughout the day. Talk about annoying.