Chapter Twenty-Four

Start from the beginning

"Did you really think I wasn't going to say it back to you? I love you too. Is that so hard to believe?" Aaron's voice was barely a whisper in my ear, the soft kiss on my shoulder had me shaking even more. "That was such a stupid rule. I don't even know why I ever told you never to fall in love with me when I've been wanting you to say those words for a while now. I've wanted you to be close to me, I wanted you to be yourself around me without the fear of what my reaction would be. I was wrong to put rules down. But know that all of that has changed, I'm sorry for what I did and for hurting you. And I know that you don't remember all of our fights, all of the times I hurt you and how cold I was, but I'm really sorry for making you through all that." His hand went still on my back as he held me tighter while he explained himself.

And I probably was acting crazy, but after that I was chuckling.

I pulled back just enough to be face to face and grinned through the tears. The frown on Aaron's face made me want to throw my head back and laugh. Maybe Jared was right, maybe the pills had a very bad side effect.

"We've been doing things so wrong from the start. And its probably crazy for me to say this, but I'm glad I was in the hospital. If it wasn't for that we wouldn't be having this conversation. If it wasn't for that you wouldn't have decided to give our marriage a go. Instead we would still be circling around each other, confusing each other with the sudden desire and coldness. We probably wouldn't stand each other and ended filing for a divorse." I made a face at the last bit. That is the last thing I wanted right now. Ever.

"Wait," Aaron looked at me with confusion. "Did you say 'still circling around each other'? Does that mean that you..." he trailed off, hope in his voice and eyes.

"Yes. It was all really bad timing, but that's nothing new with us. The thing is I was so stressed and worried and sort of blacked out and when I woke up all my memories, I'm hoping they're all, came back."

Now shock dominated Aaron's features. He was still for so long, not blinking and his eyes looking right through me that I was starting to feel selfcouncious.

"You remember!" Okay, he was back and spinning me around. I couldn't help but laugh. "That is the second best thing in the last ten minutes."

"Oh God, you are pregnant aren't you?!" Alice's tone was accusing.

Aaron stopped spinning me, setting me down but not stepping away from me. His hand resting on my waist in a possessive manner. It seemed he always did that when in pressense of other males.

Alice, together with the rest of the guys, was standing looking at us in awe. There were grins on their faces and each held a cup, Elliot also had a bowl of popcorn.

"For the hundredth time today, I'm not pregnant." I sighed, slightly annoyed that they kept going on about the same thing.

"Yeah, Alice. She already told us no. But if you are we would totally be okay with it." Greg's smile turned into a grin as he raised his cup in a form of toast. "Glad you're back and well, Aaron. Regan here even passed out with how stressed and worried she was."

Aaron's response was a nod and a kiss to my temple as in some sort of apology for making me worry. Isn't he the cutest?

"Alice, if you want a baby so much, we can always try for one." Jared winked at her. It was the first time I saw her go completely red, competing with the vibrant red of her short hair. And the first time she didn't have a snarky response to Jared's teasing, or comments in general. Those two need to get a room and fast.

"Anyways, we're happy that you're okay." Leah said to Aaron and then turned to me. "We're leaving now. We don't want to impose and I'm sure you guys have a lot to talk about."