Chapter Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

"Well, looking at you guys and not having a blank canvas in my head is good enough for me." I came to the conclusion that the bed was too comfortable to get out of. So I laid down. My head felt as if it wanted to take a jog away from my neck, but I tried to ignore it.

"Does that mean you remember everything?" there was hope in Elliot's voice.

"Yes. I think. Kind of." Was my reassuring response, to which Elliot scowled at.

"Either you remember or you don't. If you don't and you got all of our hopes up, I'm throwing this," he took the phone Greg held away, "at you. I don't care if Aaron ends up killing me."

Now it was my turn to scowl. "Why do you guys think Aaron is going to commit murder everytime I feel off?"

They all, even Fuller, gave me an are-you-serious look. Okay they had a point, but Aaron wasn't all anger and seriousness. I knew that now and now that I really think about it...

"Oh God." My heart started racing and I felt all the blood drain from my face. He told me not to do it. Even though our relationship had considerably changed and he said those rules were stupid, he still had said it.

"I wasn't serious. He's not going to kill me, just hit me or something, but he wont go to jail for it." Elliot tried to comfort me.

"He was joking, Regan." Leah looked at me with confusion and worry, concern and the sort.

How did this happen? How could I have fallen for Aaron in the course of a week and not in the two months we've been together? Perhaps it was now that I remember that I realized I'd loved him all along. But that seems wrong. I cared for him, I really did, but I didn't love him. It wasn't until he started being himself around me that I started having feelings, real feelings, for him.

"Regan?" Someone said but I couldn't look up.

"Ma'am, drink this. It'll make you feel better." Fuller placed a cup of tea on my hands. I took a sip just to calm everyone down. I didn't want them to think I was paralyzed or something.

Jesus Christ. What is Aaron going to say? Could he love me too? He'd shown he cared for me in more ways than one. But caring and loving were two different things.

We're married for God's sake. It's not like he'll kick me out for confessing my undying love for him. Okay, Laurel's dramatic skills are rubbing off.

"I'm in love. I'm in love with Aaron. I love him." It all sounded so foreign. It was all hitting me at once. "Oh." I let out a shaky breath.

"Well of course you are. You wouldn't have married him otherwise." Jared frowned at me.

Right, they didn't know it was an arranged marriage. But Laurel knew. She knew and she was looking at me without any emotion in her face. Fuller was grinning like I've never seen him before.

I suddenly felt the urge to scream. To yell that I loved my husband. The urge to call Aaron and tell him, but I'd really like to see his face when I said those three words he didn't want me to voice at the beginning. But when he got home, it's the first thing I'm saying.

"Regan, are you okay?" Leah's concerned voice made my head snap at her direction. I think I'm freaking everyone out with my moods and actions.

"Fine. Perfectly fine." I grinned, and okay that didn't help my situation.

"Are you sure you took the right pills?" Jared went to search through my bag, checking what each bottle was for. I think he was making sure I hadn't accidentally taken something that made me trippy.

"I am. It's just a lot to take in. Aaron's risking his life if he goes inside that building, which has me really worried. I just remembered everything that shouldn't had been forgotten all at once. Then I," came to the realization that I fell in love with Aaron and can't wait to see hs expression when I tell him so. "I'm just overwhelmed."