"I know." Aaron said easily. "But I never really got to do this when we married. I thought I'd do it now. Carrying you upstairs and into our bedroom should be considered romantic."

"It is. Sort of. This all feels strange." I admitted defeated.

Aaron walked inside the open door to the bedroom, remembering to close it behind us. Then I was set down on a very big and comfortable bed. I didn't get the chance to admire the bedroom's décor because Aaron was sitting across from me on the bed, daring me to look at anything else but his eyes.

"Yesterday, before you passed out, you said that you remembered us getting married. Is that all you remember?"

"Yes. Is there something else I..." My voice died when I saw a flicker of pain in Aaron's eyes.

"We've been married for nearly two months, Regan."

"What?!"

That can't be. I wouldn't had forgotten all that. A lot can happen in two months and here I was, sitting across from a stranger. Alright maybe not a stranger since we went out a few times before my wedding and we are married. But right now he is a stranger. You could learn a lot from a person in two months. God, he knew me more than I know him!

Two months and we haven't made love.

Did we hate each other or something?

No, that cant be. He wouldn't be so worried about me, taking care of me, if he hated me. Or he could be feeling guilt. He did mention that he hadn't been a good husband. Could it be he cheated? No, the Aaron I had memory of wouldn't lower himself like that. The Aaron I remember was a good man, a very conservative and quiet man.

"What did you meant when you said you hadn't been a good husband?" I questioned.

And with that he was telling me of how our lives had been. Have. But it all sounded like a story. He got interrupted by a maid whom he called Rita, as she set a tray filled with food and his coffee. Once the maid was out he continued.

To be honest, our marriage sounded awful.

Okay, awful was taking it a bit too far. Maybe unhappy would suit us best.

"Wait! I thought you were cheating on me with your secretary?" Aaron nodded. "Isn't that a bit too cliché? And if I thought that, why would you remind me of it? You could've left it out and I wouldn't have anything against you."

"Because when you remember everything and recall this day, notice that I didn't mention the Arlene incident... you would've gone for the knives. And I have to admit you have a good arm." Aaron said with a small smile, his eyes smiling as if he was remembering something.

"So let me get this straight." I motioned for him to shut up. "We got married. You didn't want to sleep with me or have anything to do with me unless we were in public, then we'll pretend to be in love and the happiest couple on earth. I'm finishing my senior year and my friends know nothing about our arranged marriage. You're not cheating on me with Arlene the secretary. Laurel is pregnant and living with us because your parents don't want to take responsibility."

"That pretty much sums it up."

"You're a jerk. I'm a masochist. Laurel's an alcoholic. What a great family we are! We've got everyone fooled. And Arlene's a whore."

"Why do you keep bringing her up?"

"Because I'm mad that she tried to-" I rubbed my temples. "Never mind. I really don't think I want to remember."

"It's best if you do." Aaron said. The same hurt expression crossed his face.

"Why?" it was mostly bad memories, according to what Aaron shortly explained.