"Huh?" he blinked several times coughing awkwardly and I saw a hint of a blush. Probably from the fact that he got caught staring.

"Can I have the gown?"

"What? Of course. Right. Here." I walked over to me and I began to slip my hand to one of the sleeves when I glanced down and noticed a clean gauze. Aaron caught my delay and glanced down at me from my shoulder.

There was a gauze over it, it didn't seem to be dirty. The spot around it was red. I guess I was having a bad reaction to the tape holding the gauze in place.

"The doctor already removed the stitches. Everything is healing perfectly. You'll feel discomfort still, but it should go away soon. He also assured that the mark will be hardly visible." Aaron informed as he too had his eyes fixated on the gauze.

"Oh." was all I managed as I finished being dressed into the very light blue gown.

Aaron helped me out of the bathroom. The bed was already made and the nurse waited patiently a I was laid on the bed. She made sure everything was the way it should be and left.

"Are you sure you want to see everyone today? We can wait until you're back home." Aaron suggested as he once again sat on the chair.

"It's better to get this over with soon rather than later."

Aaron nodded in agreement.

Nothing much was said afterwards, I stared at the muted TV and Aaron stared at me. Uncomfortable didn't begin to cover it. Something told me our relationship was rocky ground. I didn't need my memories to remember that.

A knock saved us both from any more awkward seconds, but my mood drop from low to below ground when my mother and father walked into the hospital room.

My mother was carrying a bag that seemed filled with unnecessary things.

"Good God girl, haven't they lent you a mirror?" My mother gasped in utter horror. "Good thing I thought of bringing these."

She set the bag on the couch and came to stand closer to me.

"You could use some color in your cheeks. And a good comb in your hair. Hospitals do take a toll on a woman."

"How are you feeling?" MY father asked. A lace of concern in his voice.

"Much better. Thanks for stopping by. The doctor said I could be out by tomorrow at the latest." I said the last even though they hadn't bothered to ask much. I knew they loved me, but showing a little affection wouldn't hurt.

"That's great news. You can go back to your house and resume your daily activities. Oh! I've been meaning to ask, what club are you member of? I'd like to visit you there sometime. We can have tea over it with some friends. Maybe we could finish the plans for your recovery party. Nothing too flashy, we don't want to look like some attention seekers or desperate." Mom chuckled while rolling her eyes.

"I don't think a party's a good idea." I started. My mom stared at me, mouth open wide in shock.

"I agree with Regan. A party in this circumstances is a little over the top. We need to focus on her health." Aaron backed me up.

"But what about our friends?"

"This is a very confusing and traumatic experience for Regan. Staying in a calm environment is essential. She should follow her normal routine." Aaron didn't show any sort of emotion on his face as he spoke to my mother.

"What about all-"

"No party or big reunions of any sort. Regan needs tranquility and so do I. that means I wont have our home filled with hypocrites and judgmental bigots." I nearly choked on my own saliva as Aaron said that. With a straight face to top it all.