I really wanted to ask about Lillian, he's previous wife, but something in my head stopped me from doing so. Maybe he'll talk to me about it when he's ready.

"Do you really think it's good for Laurel to stay here? Shouldn't we send her to a clinic already? I mean, the doctors there would know what to do."

"I thought about that at first, but then she'll do something to harm herself or the baby to get out of there. And I think its time she saw something resembling a family, someone that cares for her. If it doesn't work, I'll talk to Muldoon." Aaron frowned and then took a bite of his food.

He really did love Laurel. I mean I didn't doubt it, much, but it still surprised me to see him care for someone. Perhaps he'll come to care for me too one day. The thought had my mood brightening.

"I called Elliot. The guys seem to like Fred's company." I commented, hating the silence and wanting to hear my husband's voice.

"So they like Fred but they don't like me?" he reached for the wine to pour some more into his glass but I beat him to it and answered at the same time.

"Fred is a bit more laidback and he's not my husband." I let that thought linger before I continued. "That's probably it. Since you're my husband the guys are always on edge. Plus you're older."

"Fred is older than me. And you said you didn't care about my age." Aaron accused.

I nearly choked on my chicken. "And I don't! That's not what I'm trying to say."

"What are you trying to say, Regan?" he was staring intently at me now, making me squirm in my seat.

"I don't care that you're older. I don't mind it, really. What I mean is that the guys are intimidated by you and they think you're going to say no whenever they want to have fun. Plus they still are uncomfortable that I'm married, since we're the same age and they aren't married. God, I don't even know what I'm saying anymore!" when he kept staring at me I got up exasperated. "Stop looking at me like that!"

"Why?" Aaron got up to stand in front of me.

"B-Because it's m-making me uncomfortable." I stammered as he ran a finger over my shoulder.

"Am I making you nervous Regan?" he asked knowing the answer.

"N-no." I lied to which he chuckled.

He had me gawking after him when he kissed my forehead and started leaving the room.

"Don't forget to put that cream on. Goodnight Regan." he left with the cup of wine in his hand.

Damn him!

The next morning was quite eventful. I woke up to screams and breaking sounds. Unable to get back to my comfortable sleep I got up and took a quick shower. I highly doubt I'll be going out today so I dressed into a pair of shorts and a plain shirt. I left my hair loose to dry itself naturally and walked out of my room just in time to see Cindy hurrying down the stairs. It didn't even give me time to ask what was going on.

I reached the kitchen deciding to have breakfast there since Aaron nor Laurel where anywhere to be seen. Rita and Emil, our cook, where the only ones in the kitchen.

"Good morning Mrs., if you give us a minute, the table will be set." Rita started to hurry out of the kitchen by I stopped her.

"That's okay. I'm eating here."

"Here?" Both Rita and Emil started at me.

"Yes. I don't see how that's a problem. The table is too big for me to eat alone, so I'm eating here with some company." They kept staring at me as if I'd grown another head. There was nothing wrong in eating in the kitchen, right? I mean if my mother was here, I wouldn't think about it but since it's just me...