Mr. Parker frowned giving us disapproving looks.

"Mr. Scarlatti, I don't doubt your methods in keeping these kids in check but-"

"I'm not asking permission. I'm letting you know so you don't have anyone searching for us. We'll be back by dawn."

"But-"

"If I remember well, you don't have authority over these kids. Their parents signed a permission slip, they will be within the camp's grounds with adult supervision. And you certainly have no authority over me or my wife."

"I won't take responsibility if anything happens to these kids. It's all on you Mr. Scarlatti." Mr. Parked said annoyed.

"Of course." Aaron grinned triumphantly and we walked out of the office.

"Why weren't you here last year?" Elliot chuckled.

"We've been trying to go hiking for two years and they never allowed it." Jared grinned.

"It's going to be unforgettable. Did you bring your camera Alice?" Greg turned to his friend.

"Damn right. Now let go get food!" Alice threw her fist in the air, the guys cheering as we started to make our way to the town.

After a few minutes, Aaron and I were following the guys since they were the ones who knew the way. But of course Aaron had the last word in everything. Like when he told them not to walk on the street, someone could run them over. My friends rolled their eyes but always did as told.

"You enjoy this, don't you?" I asked, hiding a chuckle as Elliot tripped and nearly took Greg down with him.

"Enjoy what?"

"Being in full control. Being the absolute voice of authority." I replied. Aaron frowned, looking straight ahead. Watching my friends with calculated manner. I have a feeling that if he had something in his hand to throw, he'll aim at my friend's head.

"Maybe." he answered at last.

"I like it." I paused as he looked down at me. "To some extent."

He opened his mouth to say something but I ran up to Alice, taking the camera from her to take a picture of her and Leah as they walked. Then handled it back to take one with them. I felt Aaron's eyes on me but did my best to ignore it.

He didn't want clingy? Well, I'm not going to give him clingy.

I want him to feel as confused as me when he goes from all cuddly and kissing me, touching me, to distant, emotionless and cold. But the bigger thing was that I also wanted to spend time with my friends. I have a feeling that when Aaron and I get all cuddly or are left alone too much, they get uncomfortable.

So half of the way to town I walked along with the guys, laughing at their jokes and taking pictures now and again as we walked.

It was when we were close to town, enough to see some stores, that I walked back to Aaron. He didn't acknowledged my presence and I cursed myself. I felt guilt eating me away as he practically ignored my presence, just like I'd done minutes ago.

If I didn't want him to treat me the way he does, I shouldn't treat him the same way. If I want love, I should give him love. If I want attention I should also give it.

I didn't try to make conversation, not until my friends were busy enough to not hear my apology and what would most likely turn into an ugly argument. Like usual.

My chance came when we entered the town's busy store. It was small but filled with what we needed. The guys dispersed and I stuck close to Aaron.

"I'm sorry." I blurted.