"Possessive." Jared chuckled.

"And too damned serious." Elliot shook his head.

"Guys, its her husband! Stop talking about him." Leah shook her head and looked at me with an apologetic glance.

"Alright, let's get to work."

It was three hours after they left that I took a shower and kept replaying this past week events. Surely Aaron can't be this cold. There has to be something. I know he had a wife before me, but I knew nothing about her except that she died. How? I haven't the slight less idea.

Through my mother I learned that the Scarlatti's paid a lot of money to erase any personal interviews and reviews about Aaron. One night everyone knew about his every step and the next morning he was a mystery. That's why no one really recognized me on the street as his wife, only close friends and coworkers did. And that's because we attended a lot of dinners, fundraisers and business deals. I have to attend all of these events so of course they'll know who I am. What I didn't get is why certain people eyed me with disdain and sadness and looked at Aaron the same. I've been meaning to ask, but Aaron is hard to talk to.

My mind raced to today's lunch. How he was about to threaten Jared, a friend, because of a simple joke. Aaron is just so unpredictable and I simply don't understand him. Even if I wanted to it'll be impossible, he'll never let me in.

I sighed and walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my body and the other around my head. I grabbed my underwear and after putting that on I slipped on my pajama shorts. And I have to admit I had a soft spot for pandas so my pajamas had printed pandas all over them.

The knock on the door made me jump, had my heart racing.

"Y-Yes?"

"Can I come in?" Aaron asked politely.

God, I wish he'll scream or something. His politeness isn't helping me keep my sanity intact.

"Just a second!"

Where did I left my shirt? I always leave my shorts and shirt in the same place. I searched my room frantically. My eyes ran wildly all over the place and then I spotted it. It's just behind...

The door opened.

"Regan I-"

My eyes widened and Aaron just looked at me with that bored look of his.

"I'll... Uh..." I held up one finger and went to grab my now not so lost shirt, I slipped it on in a blink of an eye.

"You were saying?"

"I just wanted to let you know I wont be having dinner with you. I'll be at the studio."

"That's fine. I was going to let you know I couldn't accompany you either."

Aaron narrowed his eyes at me.

"Why?"

"I'm having a solo slumber party. In honor of my first day of school and successfully making friends." I smiled sweetly at him, knowing damn well how mad he is right now.

He can ignore me but I cant do the same? I'm not having that. He wants to act indifferent, then so will I. I'm not going to dedicate myself to make him want me when he already doesn't. Even though I'm dying for him to give me a real smile, to say sweet things to me, to touch me. I wont beg, though.

"That friend of yours, Jared. I don't like him."

"I do." I said.

I noticed how Aaron's face turned hard with anger.