He turned towards Mulla

"Amadi, itha solli irukalam illa enga kita? Nee avara kapatha edhuku un mela pazhi potukara?"

Mulllai stood there not sure what to say when Sakthi had conveniently lied for her.

Parvathy gave her a glare at Mullai not believing any of the story of Murugan and just walked away.

"Amadi. Appa mela varutham onum illala", he was caressing her hair  and Mullai instantly felt guilty

"Ayoo appa. Enna pa nenga. Adhu elam onum illa. Naan than ungala romba kasta padutharean"

"Adhu elam onum illa ma. Unaku kalyanam venam nu solla solla kekapa, appa than idha panean. Enna manichudu ma"

"Appa periya varthai elam soladhenga. Inum konja nalaiku kalyanam pathi pesadhenga pa. Please", Mullai said not having heart to let her father know about her decision not to get married.

"Puriyudhu ma. Nee time yeduthuko. Aana sikiram oru nala mudiva sollu ma"

"Seri pa"

Once her dad left the room, she immediately messaged Sakthi

 Mullai
                                                                                                                         Thanks. Enakaga nenga poi sonenga?

Sakthi
                                                                                             Anytime. Idhula enna iruku? Just helping a friend.
Mullai
                                                                                                                                                                            Thanks🙏🏽

Sakthi
                                                                                                                   Friends kula no formalities. Take care😀

Following evening, Mullai was sitting on her bed with her phone in her hand. It was few minutes past 10 and she was waiting for Kathir's call. She felt silly, that she just clutched to her phone while waiting and decided to message him

Mullai                                                                                                                                                             Thungitiya?

10 minutes passed and till there was no response from Kathir. With her phone still her in hand, she lay on the bed thinking about him, when her phone vibrated.

She immediately got disappointed seeing just a message from him instead of his call.

Kathir
                                                                     Inum illa. Elar kudayum pesitu irukean. Aparama call panata?

Immediately followed by another text

                                                                                                                                  Unaku thukam vandha thungu