Gokudera Hayato

Beginne am Anfang

Startled, he looked up into the less than happy expression of his new classmate and Vongola right hand-to-be.

"W-what?" Tsuna's head swiveled around as he wondered if it was him Gokudera was directing his attention to. When he realized that it was indeed Tsuna the silver haired boy was staring at, he pointed at himself screaming a startled 'Me?' in his head.

The next thing everyone knew, there was a loud crash as Gokudera kicked Tsuna's desk and chair over, startling the poor boy and the guys around him.

"Gokudera-kun!" The teacher shouted. "Your seat is... Gokudera-kun!" He shouted the transfer student's name out again to try and get his attention as Gokudera glared at Tsuna.

Even though Noelle knew it was coming, she couldn't help but be annoyed by the fact that he had just knocked down the current Vongola tenth candidate. Honestly, despite re-reading and watching that several times, Noelle still didn't get why he did that. Was it just to pretend to be a pissed off candidate who wasn't pleased by the fact that wimpy, Dame-Tsuna couldn't do a thing right?

Chin resting in her upturned palm, her eyes cast around the class to see how they reacted.

Tsuna was pulling himself off the floor while the boy who sat next to him asked him if he knew Gokudera and the boys and girls stared after the new addition to their class; the boys with apprehension and the girls with admiration, completely ignoring the fact he had just knocked down a classmate of theirs.

The most surprising response was from Yamamoto himself; much to Noelle's surprise. His arm was upturned and supporting his head, a melancholy and thoughtful expression on his face. She had to do a double-take; was that jealousy she saw in those normally friendly brown eyes of his?

Jealousy and Yamamoto?

That was a funny combination.

Yamamoto's eyes met hers and he broke out into a grin that seemed forced before turning away from Noelle to stare at the chalk board as the teacher started the lesson.

She stared at the back of Yamamoto's head before she shook her own.

Was it just her imagination...?

Well, she'd think on it later.

With a thoughtful expression on her own face, Noelle's eyes narrowed and a mischievous smile crept onto her lips as a brilliant idea popped into her mind.

0000

She thought it was a brilliant idea at the time. Who knew that Gokudera was going to react so violently, snarling and chucking back the eraser she had thrown at his head right at her? Noelle just narrowly missed being hit by the velocity charged writing utensil!

Naturally, their sensei hadn't been happy about the sudden class interruption and gave them a warning. It wouldn't have been so bad...

...if they hadn't started a classroom war over the whole thing that lasted several periods until the teachers saw it fit to have a chat about their new found animosity towards each other.

And even though they were thoroughly chastised about their immature behaviour, the message was pretty much that if they wanted to hate each others' guts, they should do it out of school grounds and out of their so that the teachers and school wouldn't be held responsible for the outcome of their fights.

Such kind and caring people, weren't they?

"This is your fault." Noelle said as the two of them made their way to back to the classroom.

"My fault?" Gokudera snarled, practically spitting. "You're the one who flung that eraser at me, you stupid blondie!"

He did not just use a combination of the two words that Noelle hated the most.