"We need to leave, Paulette."Cher said and Paulette held her hand.

"No, let's just wait."Paulette said and after a few moments, they both felt a cold breeze pass through their shoulders.

"He didn't go to us, we can relax now."Paulette said and Cher let out a sigh.

"Yeah, he went to another girl's table. That's a relief."Cher said and they order drinks once again.

Cher and Paulette resumed celebrating, they talked more, danced more, and when they can feel their bodies already dropping, they called it a night.

--
The months following her 40th birthday, Cher busied herself with work and she is just glad that even after hitting 40, they still offer her jobs.

"Mom, phone call."A voice uttered as she settle herself on her bed and it is her son.

"Okay, I'll get it."Cher said before picking up the phone and her son just nodded.

"Hello, Cher speaking."She uttered.

"Hey, stupid, it's Gee. prepare yourself, we're picking you up."The voice from the other line uttered that made her forehead crease.

"What do you mean you're picking me up?Where are you anyways, I've been looking for you the whole day."Cher said almost a shout.

"Just prepare yourself, we're going to Heartbreak, I'll be there in about thirty minutes."Georganne said and she rolled her eyeballs even if her sister can't see.

"Okay, fine. What's the rush anyways?"Cher asked before ending the call.

She immediately went to her closet to find something to wear to their impromptu girls' night. She put on a cowl neck cropped top that she paired with a black high-waist jeans, and she decided to put on a black leather jacket on top.

"Cherilyn, let's go! Get your ass in here, c'mon!"A voice suddenly yelled after a few more moments and Cher quickly grabbed her purse before going to where her sister is.

"I'm here. What's with this going out thing anyways?"Cher asked as Georganne and her walk out of her place.

"Nothing, it's just that the girlfriends are here, so girls' night!"Georganne exclaimed and Cher rolled her eyeballs.

They arrived at the same place where she was for her birthday, and nothing changed of course. Their group settled at a table before ordering their drinks and they just started to let loose and party.

"I'm just gonna be by the bar for a while."Cher suddenly whispered to Georganne and her sister just nodded before she headed at an empty seat by the bar.

"Can I have another beer, please, thank you."A voice suddenly uttered beside her that made her look at that person. The place is dimmed, she can't see people's faces very well but this particular person is different. In a snap, she recognized that sharp jaw and that full lips that she stared at for so long those months before.

"Hi, may I help you?"He suddenly asked that made her snap out of her thoughts and she smiled before shaking her head.

"Uhmm no, I just uhmm, I was spacing out."She answered and he nodded with a hum.

"I'm Rob, by the way."He introduced as he offer her his hand.

"Cher."She simply replied before shaking his hand that is evidently bigger than hers.