14.

The knife scraped the side of Han's arm, making him jump back in pain.
His eyes were wild as he stared at Hyunjin, his mouth turning into a frown.

"That's not very smart, Hyunjin. Don't you step out of line. You know who I am." He growled.

"You promised you wouldn't hurt Y/N, and you lied. You even lied to them! I haven't killed a single person! I've only cleaned up your messes! You dragged someone else through the dirt to help you with the killings, not me, and you're blaming it on me! Take the blame yourself. You're sick, and we can get you help. You and him." Hyunjin said, aware of the long blade in Han's hand.

"Don't tell Y/N there's a third person involved. I don't need them being exposed. They're doing a great job at acting. I only promised I would keep Y/N alive, and you, of course. But you're getting on my nerves, so I don't need you anymore."

Then Han leapt forward, kicking Hyunjin in the side, making him stagger.

He then grabbed his weapon, stabbing it into Hyunjin's thigh, glaring down at him with disgust as he collapsed on the floor.

"You're weak. Y/N won't love you, ever." Han hissed, raising his knife again, before he collapsed, Y/N standing weakly behind him, hammer in hand.

They stumbled, falling next to Hyunjin, eyelids heavy as blood spilt from multiple slits in their body.
Hyunjin pulled Y/N into his arms. "Y/N.." He started.

"I'm going to trust you, okay.. so.. who else is involved.." Y/N asked, their breath in heavy huffs as they tried to calm their pounding heart.

Hyunjin stood up painfully, wrapping Y/N's arms around him.
"They're already here.. we can't leave.. call Bang Chan.." Hyunjin mumbled, handing his phone to Y/N.
They dialled his number quickly, listening as the rings went on.

"Hello??" Bang Chan asked, pulling over in his car as he picked up the call from Hyunjin.
"Detective Chan! Thank god you're alright!"
Y/N started, their heart calming at the sound of his voice.

"Are you okay? You've been missing for awhile. Are you hurt? How do you have Hyunjins phone?" Bang Chan asked, his voice laced in worry.

"I'm a bit scratched up, but I'm okay. Hyunjin's innocent. The jaw breaker is Han Jisung. But, one of our other members is an accomplice, too.." Y/N explained.

"Is Hyunjin with you right now?" Bang Chan asked.

"Yeah..?"

"Can I talk to him, please?"

Y/N handed the phone over.

"Which member is it?" Bang Chan asked.

"It's all of them. Everyone but you. They were all there when Seungmins house was burning. They watched it turn to ashes. They watched as letters were sliced into Changbin's living flesh. Our whole teams gone mad." Hyunjin explained.

"Why were you helping Han?"
"He blackmailed me.. he was going to kill Y/N, me, and hurt my family.. I didn't have a choice."

"You never killed anyone?"
"Most were done by Han. The sloppy ones were done by his main accomplice. The others just watched. Sick bastards." Hyunjin said.
"Who was he, anyway?"

"He's above me and Y/N right now, so I really can't tell you-" Hyunjin said, before his phone was cut off by a long beep.

"Hyunjin??" Bang Chan half yelled into his phone, throwing it in anger. "God dammit!"
He quickly tried to dial the other members. No one picked up.

He cursed, opening his tracking app, and driving quickly.

To Changbin's home.

Hyunjin put his phone away, sighing tiredly.
I got to work, looking around the basement for an exit door, or window. But the only way out was through the house.

"We're trapped.." I said.
"I know." Hyunjin snapped, sitting down.
"Why weren't you giving Bang Chan a straight answer?" I asked.

"My phones being monitored. They would have heard. That's why I didn't tell him where we are." Hyunjin explained, looking to Han's unconscious body.

He looked innocent, young, like he used to be.

Then the disease of jealousy and lust passed through the detectives. Half of them could contain themselves.

The other half fell to the disease, being plagued with hatred for others, who even went next to Y/N.

It was a race for their heart, of whom hadn't been captured by any of them.

Maybe before the disease, but no longer.
Hyunjin's heart ached to fall to the disease, but he fought it off.

Jealousy was a plague.

"Y/N.." Hyunjin started.
"Yeah-"
I was cut off, as I felt a sharp blade pierce my side, twisting angrily, sending rivets of pain through my whole body, making me collapse.

I rolled over, to see a face I loved looking down at me, anger covering his usually smiling face as he glared at Hyunjin.

"You gave us away. You're falling under it, too. That's why I need to get rid of you." Felix growled.

"Felix.." I whispered, holding my bleeding side.

His expression faltered, looking at me with worried eyes. "Y/N- shit it's happening again.." He whined, kneeling down, holding his head in his hands.

"What do you mean.." I said, grabbing his hand.
"The plague of jealousy.. it's making me want to hurt people.. I don't want to.. please someone help me.." Felix cried, grabbing the knife which he had stabbed me with, raising it above me.

"Felix.. you're not sick, okay? We'll figure this out." I said, hugging him as Hyunjin watched.
Warm liquid trickled down my back, as Felix sliced at something.

He slit his whole hand open, holding the knife in his aching hand to do the same to the other, before he hugged me back.

"I'm sorry.. but now I can't hurt you.. Jeongin and Lee Know are here.. they're fighting.." Felix sobbed.

I could sense Hyunjin's eyes drilling into my head, so I pulled away from Felix.

"Hyunjin.. do you know what all this is? What's the plague of jealousy?" I asked.

"It's a parasite.. it affects the prefrontal cortex of the brain, effecting ones rational thinking.. it also makes the emotions of jealousy and anger stronger.. it first got to Han.. then it spread.. all of us boys had it.. you seem unaffected, though.. that's why we keep hurting each other.. the parasite gets in through open cuts.. all Han had to do was slice our hand.." Hyunjin explained, gripping the blade of a knife in his hand painfully.

"So what you're saying is.. you're going to kill each other, over me.." I questioned.

"The point of the parasite was to originally help with population growth, but it got out of control.. so yes.. we're just going to keep fighting.. the more we hurt people, the more it takes over the brain. Once Han is done, he'll spread the disease further. His brains rotten.. I don't think an antivirus was made.."

"How did it escape in the first place?" I questioned.

"I own a lab too, Y/N. Han was helping me.. he touched our specimen, then he got cut. He touched his eye with his infected gloves. Now it's in the wild." Hyunjin sighed.

"Surely there's a way to stop it.." I whispered.

"We kill the host parasite, the original.. or, we kill the one who originally spread it.." Hyunjin said, looking to Han.

His eyes opened.