It's true, I didn't. Justin and I were just friends. Still, he was my first kiss. It happened during a stupid game of truth or dare – it didn't even mean anything to him. That's why this is a delicate matter for me.

──────────

Gɪɴᴀ Pᴏʀᴛᴇʀ, Sᴏᴘʜᴏᴍᴏʀᴇ

Sometimes I wish I had met Justin just so I could punch him in the face. Autumn has been an amazing friend to me since I arrived in Salt Lake City and I can't bear to see the sad look on her face whenever she speaks about him.

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂

"We didn't. It's complicated, G." Autumn quickly said, trying to dismiss the subject. Luckily, the musical crew started to walk in through the door, and the matter was quickly dropped.

﹏﹏﹏

"I'm kinda lost." Ricky affirmed after Carlos had announced they would be rehearsing the final dance number, 'We're All In This Together'. "If the play's over, why would we still be dancing?"

Ricky had agreed to Miss Jenn's suggestion after giving it some thought. He wanted his friend to succeed, even if he had to step down. Besides, he could still impress Nini. So, Ricky accepted to swap roles with EJ, granting himself the role of Chad.

"It's a curtain call," Carlos explained, smiling as he walked towards the leading couple. "EJ and Autumn are the last two to come out. We want to bring the audience to their feet."

"Where's Miss Jenn?" Autumn asked, looking around in an attempt to spot Miss Jenn's blonde hair or her bright smile.

"She's busy tracking down a prop. She has asked me to create a crescendo, people, so let's stop swirling and start twirling." Carlos announced.

"Wait, why are we practicing the bows when we haven't even practiced the play?" Ricky asks once more, and Autumn chuckles at his lack of knowledge about theatre in general.

"Because you start with the hardest dance that takes the longest to learn," Carlos explains, trying not to snap at Ricky. "It's in the Big Book of Broadway."

Gina, who had been stretching, approaches the choreographer. "Page 374." She and Carlos speak in unison. Autumn smiles proudly at her friend while Carlos high-five's her.

﹏﹏﹏

Autumn was passing by the auditorium when she suddenly heard someone playing the piano. Enticed by the sweet melody, Autumn followed the music only to find Ashlyn sitting on the piano bench.

"Hi, Ash," Autumn said, smiling kindly at her friend. "What was that song?"

"Hi. It's, hum... Miss Jenn asked me to compose a song for my character. It's probably way too much."

"Oh, come on. You're super talented! I heard you sing at the audition." Autumn exclaimed. "How about you play your song for me? I can give you feedback."

"Alright," Ashlyn said, smiling as her fingers began to slide through the keys, a beautiful melody echoing through the auditorium.

"Seems like a part of me will always have to lose. Every single time I have to choose. Swore that it felt right but was I wrong? Is this where I'm supposed to be at all?" The ginger started singing, and Autumn sat on the bench beside her.

"I don't have the answers, not today. It's like nothing makes the questions go away. What I'd give to see if the grass was greener on the other side of all I've had and lost. Would it be enough? Or would I still be wondering?" Autumn was absolutely amazed by Ashlyn's beautiful voice.

"If I could go back and change the past, be a little braver than I had, and bet against the odds, would I still be lost? Even if I woke up in my dreams, would there still be something I'm missing? If I had everything, would it mean anything?" Ashlyn looked at the brunette as if she was inviting her to sing along.

Autumn nodded and complied. "Maybe I should turn around and take the other road, or maybe I'm just looking for what I already know. I'm just wondering."

Then Ashlyn stopped singing, giving space for Autumn to sing the next verse on her own.

"Feels like I might've broke the best thing that I had. I said too much to ever take it back. I'm scared I'll never find something as good, and would I even know it if I could?" Autumn sang, oblivious of a certain Caswell boy watching them by the entrance.

"If I could go back and change the past, be a little braver than I had, and bet against the odds, would I still be lost?" Autumn continued, her eyes meeting Ashlyn's in a silent agreement.

"Even if I woke up in my dreams, would there still be something I'm missing? If I had everything, would it mean anything to me?" They both sang in unison, finishing the melody with a beautiful note. Then Autumn's eyes averted to the door, her gaze suddenly meeting EJ's watchful stare.